Great white shark cull debate

simmo

Cull the Great White?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Great White Shark be Culled?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

A child who dies on a boat full of asylum seekers is always an emotive issue I agree with that.

The reason is that the child did not make the decision to get on a dangerous overcrowded boat. The parents are the culpable ones who made that decision. The child is a true innocent.

It is not the same as people who go swimming or surfing at their own instigation.

It is not fair to compare the 2 scenarios.

22 hours ago, Pura Vida said:

Besides fishers reports of ever growing sightings, the same journal as quoted above from Dec 30 also articled increasing shark numbers. It stands to reason a ban over a decade will increase numbers surely? Quite considerably it would appear. The two camps will I expect remain distant from one another's views.

Still nothing on why the poor harmless Roo should be slaughtered but sharks in excessive numbers should not.

Yes I said they were increasing and I provided a link to an article that said they were increasing.  I'm not sure why you would read what I said and conclude that I said the opposite! Read what it says: increasing from decimated numbers.

There is nothing that says sharks are in excessive numbers. 

3 hours ago, robfromdublin said:

Yes I said they were increasing and I provided a link to an article that said they were increasing.  I'm not sure why you would read what I said and conclude that I said the opposite! Read what it says: increasing from decimated numbers.

There is nothing that says sharks are in excessive numbers. 

Other media reports quote excessive numbers through the Dec 30 article, from memory from same media source suggests as much. There has ben plenty of first hand accounts relating the  large numbers. Fine. I support a cull above a certain number. You appear against. A difference in perceptions is what makes the world go around.