MetalToby

DAB Radios and clocks

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

We are beginning to pack up our house ready for the big move in June. A couple questions for you....

Do UK DAB radios work in Australia? I have seen the there, but not sure if I can take mine from the UK.

Also, do radio controlled clocks work? The kind that set themselves via a radio signal we have in the UK.

Thanks!

Alan

Moneycorp
Moneycorp

Aus uses the DAB+ format so if it can receive DAB+ yes. I bought a DAB  radio in the UK that did not work but I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me instructions to convert it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MetalToby said:

do radio controlled clocks work? The kind that set themselves via a radio signal we have in the UK.

Unfortunately no, they don't work.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, MetalToby said:

Hi,

We are beginning to pack up our house ready for the big move in June. A couple questions for you....

Do UK DAB radios work in Australia? I have seen the there, but not sure if I can take mine from the UK.

Also, do radio controlled clocks work? The kind that set themselves via a radio signal we have in the UK.

Thanks!

Alan

Hi Alan.

Some DAB radios you can get a software upgrade to make them DAB + however you need to check the area you move to have coverage. We bought a DAB+ over here and we didn't have coverage in Cairns

1 person likes this

My UK PURE DAB works well here, the only thing that doesnt operate is the digital display stating what station you are on for the rest mine are all good.

1 person likes this

Thanks everyone. Mine is also a PURE DAB radio. There seems to be an update for DAB+ on their website, so I'll try that out once I get there.

The one I converted was a Pure so you should have no issues switching it.

My Pure Pop MIni P240 works perfectly here including display, date and time. SmoothFM here even has the same jingle as the UK!

5 minutes ago, Cerberus1 said:

Coverage is the issue, if you're regional you've no chance. You can check coverage at http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/can-i-get-digital-radio

Yeah, central Melbourne here and even then compared to London the range of stations is pretty limited. FM still rules here I guess.

1 person likes this