What visa do i need as a non sponsored chippie?

Just returned from perth and loved it. Looking at the possability of relocating myself, wife and 2 kids permanently. Is this possible without sponsorship and if so is there a rough costing for the application? Any info would be much appreciated. Im fully qualified joiner in uk with 18 years experience, no criminal record and full english spoken if this helps any. Age 35. Also, wifes sister is a full australian resident or citizen( not sure which). Is there any visa i should be specifically applying for??? Thanks in advance.

A 189 should be possiblen. This is an independent permanent visa. 

The costs are $3600 for yourself, $1800 for subsequent applicants such as wife and children (each). In addition you will need a skills assessment (allow up to a thousand. Police checks and medicals allow another thousand. 

You will need to start research here www.border.gov.au

First you need to calculate points. You need a minimum of 60 to apply and this needs care. Many people find they need to claim English for points and this requires taking an English test such as ILETS. Once you have a positive skills assessment and if needed ILETS, you can submit a expression of interest. 

4 hours ago, cazzzyboy said:

Thanks very much for your quick responses. Ill look into this option further! It seems a bit of a minefield!! emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Just break it all down into do-able chunks and if you are a straight forward case you should be well able to DIY it!

Never been to Perth, seems lovely though.

Best of luck!

B

Iv looked into the visa process now and it appears i would qualify for 75 points after the ilets exam. Happy days. I now wonder if i did get a visa would i have to actually enter australia within a certain timeframe or could i just get my visa sorted and make the move in a few years?

1 hour ago, Dragonflygecko said:

Any news on your visa Beaty?9_9

Just in the process of scanning docs and sourcing PCC's. Should be in a position to apply and do meds sometime in June / July. Hoping for a speedy grant as it looks like I'll have all the necessary for them. We'll front load 2 x Form 80's too. I see they asked you for one? 

B

2 hours ago, Beaty said:

Just in the process of scanning docs and sourcing PCC's. Should be in a position to apply and do meds sometime in June / July. Hoping for a speedy grant as it looks like I'll have all the necessary for them. We'll front load 2 x Form 80's too. I see they asked you for one? 

B

Be careful of front loading. There are million things that can cause a delay even the department going on strike which is not unheard of. At the same time it does not speed up the process at all as the meds and pcc just sit on the system until the point they would have been requested anyway. It also has potential negative consequences. You must validate within a year of the earlier and if there is a delay you can have an issue. If something happens in your life that causes you to delay, the department can be very harsh and cancel the visa if you do not validate. Buy yourself as much time as possible as it has no negative. 

You get given a time frame to go to oz. my 189 ( carpenter ) was gained in feb and I have until December to enter oz. only apply if your serious about going as it's certainly not quick and it's certainly not cheap!!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Thanks for the reply. When are you planning on moving out? Do you have any work in place for when you get there? It is a big decision to make, i just feel the uk is heading downhill fast these days!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Heading over in October. I've been offered work in several places as Sydney seems to continue to grow. It is a big decision me and my wife have had lots of ifs and buts. But We agreed as should you that if your going to do it you need to give it 100% otherwise the doubts will creep in. What's the worst that can happen you get there give it a go and decide you don't like it ( which you won't, hopefully) and go home again??
Boring old saying but it's better to regret what you've done on your death bed that regret what you didn't do.

On 22/04/2017 at 1:58 PM, Beaty said:

B

Yes they did, I would definitely front load the form 80, medicals, and pcc's. We front loaded PCC'S & Medicals and I requested to front load the form 80's as I knew we'd be asked for it having lived in Oz for 2 years, NZ for a year and having 3 different PCC would be a case for more information. My agent said no, never give DIBP information they haven't asked for, as you could open up a can of worms and they want more considering the form 80 is intense. In my opinion my agent was being lazy. Of course they asked for it, 2 weeks later and now I am stuck in the queue. It's been 9 weeks since lodging and 7 weeks since request for further information. Tomorrow is Anzac day so I am hoping for some news by the end of the week :/ Good luck with the process. Give them everything they need. I've seen people get a grant 2/3 weeks after submission as their files were complete with all info so they just needed to assess everything and finalize immediately. 

41 minutes ago, Dragonflygecko said:

Yes they did, I would definitely front load the form 80, medicals, and pcc's. We front loaded PCC'S & Medicals and I requested to front load the form 80's as I knew we'd be asked for it having lived in Oz for 2 years, NZ for a year and having 3 different PCC would be a case for more information. My agent said no, never give DIBP information they haven't asked for, as you could open up a can of worms and they want more considering the form 80 is intense. In my opinion my agent was being lazy. Of course they asked for it, 2 weeks later and now I am stuck in the queue. It's been 9 weeks since lodging and 7 weeks since request for further information. Tomorrow is Anzac day so I am hoping for some news by the end of the week :/ Good luck with the process. Give them everything they need. I've seen people get a grant 2/3 weeks after submission as their files were complete with all info so they just needed to assess everything and finalize immediately. 

There are very good reasons for not front loading and none for front loading. If you front load, they just sit on the system until the CO would have asked for them. But, delays can be common and cause police and medicals to expire. For example, a couple of years ago the department went on strike and everyone had big delays. At present with all the sudden changes, delays are inevitable.

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

There are very good reasons for not front loading and none for front loading. If you front load, they just sit on the system until the CO would have asked for them. But, delays can be common and cause police and medicals to expire. For example, a couple of years ago the department went on strike and everyone had big delays. At present with all the sudden changes, delays are inevitable.

That's true VeryStormy, but I didn't know this when we front loaded. I've only ever heard good things about front loading to be honest but you are right. Isn't there a certain timescale that they have to finalize your case if for example your police check is running out shortly. I read somewhere that they need to give you at least 2 months to be able to activate the visa before it runs out. Whats the worst that can happen though, you apply for police check again? Medical would be a bummer though considering it's £300!

Archived