457 Self Sponsorship Visa

quake

Hi, I've been looking at my options on migrating from South Africa to Aus, I've been told that it is possible to buy a business and self sponsor (4 years temp visa instead of 2)..

Does anybody know if this is true, and could maybe offer some more advice on this please?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self-sponsorship is legally possible, but is practically extemely difficult and is most likely to result in a refusal. If you are able to buy a business, you might be well advised to consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, quake said:

Hi, I've been looking at my options on migrating from South Africa to Aus, I've been told that it is possible to buy a business and self sponsor (4 years temp visa instead of 2)..

Does anybody know if this is true, and could maybe offer some more advice on this please?

Thanks

A 457 is generally for 4 years, not 2 anyway

Self-sponsorship is legally possible, but is practically extemely difficult and is most likely to result in a refusal. If you are able to buy a business, you might be well advised to consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy.

Hi Wrussle

I actually qualify for a 188 innovations visa, but.. It can take two years, I'm anxious to leave.. Hence looking at all possible options, timing being of high importance..

I currently reside in South Africa and the current political climate has me seriously worried about the safety of my kids..

Could you possibly point me to somebody that I could possibly consult on this.. I would really appreciate it..

Thanks again..

29 minutes ago, quake said:

Hi Wrussle

I actually qualify for a 188 innovations visa, but.. It can take two years, I'm anxious to leave.. Hence looking at all possible options, timing being of high importance..

I currently reside in South Africa and the current political climate has me seriously worried about the safety of my kids..

Could you possibly point me to somebody that I could possibly consult on this.. I would really appreciate it..

Thanks again..

Wrussel is a respected registered migration agent. His contact details are in the signature at the bottom of his post. 

Hi @quake

Subclass 188 visas under the Business Innovation stream tend to take about 6 months from the time the visa application is lodged.

Add the time to prepare the application paperwork, and to secure State Sponsorship => about 9 to 12 months is a more probable timeline.

See also:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...