Visa for Newborn child

Expatriate123

hi

I and mywife (Non-Australian citizens) are PR holders from 2015; having an active visa (offshore). My wife delivered a kid 3 weeks back and I just got his passport done. I am planning to apply for my baby's PR visa. I called DIBP office and they provided information "please check the wedbsite - all relavant information is available there". I am so confused with the amount of information that is on the website - subclass 101 or Form 1436 etc. Anyone with recent experience could share your thoughts and help me please.

Thanks

Ex123

We applied for child visa for our daughter in November of 2016. It is a straightforward process. Follow the instructions for Subclass 101 and you should be fine. You would have to get your Police check done again for your child's visa. It is a requirement which we had to fulfil. Other than that there isn't much to worry about. Just submit the child's passport, the respective forms and all the necessary supporting documents and you will be fine. The CO will request for Police check and medicals. Medicals for the child and police check for the parents. I just followed the instructions on the DIBP website and found the process quite simple. 

woww... thats fast.... I started collecting the details for the form - would you mind if I ask you few more Qs

1. Did you use the PCC that you may have obtained while applying for your own PR or obtained a new one again

2. Do you have to show that we as biological parents of the infant baby, have done some investments 

3. Did you provide responses to all questions - (for example) one of the question was "which language/s does the child speak, write etc" - as might be the case for you as well, my baby is just 50 days old - I would assume you may have left it blank

4. finally - did you attach any explanations to support any claims / responses.

many thanks in advance for your help / support

If your PCC is still valid, you can use them. I think the PCC's are valid for a year but I can't be sure about that. I had to apply for PCC as my PR was applied 4 years ago. Except for the forms, copy of Child's passport, Birth Certificate, Your passport copies, possibly the grant notice, Child's health check, Your PCC. I can't remember anything else which is a major requirement for the visa. For that question, My daughter was less than 2 months as well, so it will be NA.

The birth certificate and the Child's passport is the only thing that is required to establish that he/she is your baby. Regarding investments, I don't remember showing any assets for the child visa. Unless mentioned as required document, don't attach any extra ones.

Only answer relevant questions, other if not applicable you can mark it as NA. There are questions which ask if your child has his/her own family. So that will be a no or NA. I don't think they are too strict about those sort of questions which are not applicable for an infant. Just answer to the best of your knowledge, I might have made some mistakes but DIBP did not make a huge deal about it as it is for an infant.

Edited by path2aus
additional information

12 hours ago, path2aus said:

If your PCC is still valid, you can use them. I think the PCC's are valid for a year but I can't be sure about that. I had to apply for PCC as my PR was applied 4 years ago. Except for the forms, copy of Child's passport, Birth Certificate, Your passport copies, possibly the grant notice, Child's health check, Your PCC. I can't remember anything else which is a major requirement for the visa. For that question, My daughter was less than 2 months as well, so it will be NA.

The birth certificate and the Child's passport is the only thing that is required to establish that he/she is your baby. Regarding investments, I don't remember showing any assets for the child visa. Unless mentioned as required document, don't attach any extra ones.

Only answer relevant questions, other if not applicable you can mark it as NA. There are questions which ask if your child has his/her own family. So that will be a no or NA. I don't think they are too strict about those sort of questions which are not applicable for an infant. Just answer to the best of your knowledge, I might have made some mistakes but DIBP did not make a huge deal about it as it is for an infant.

thank you ...this is very useful...

have you settled in Oz already - which place...I was looking at Perth - may be Mel as well...

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
11 hours ago, path2aus said:

Sure @DukeNinja...I can try to put together something over the weekend.

Thank you @path2aus if you let me know when you have done this I can make it in to a sticky and article for future members.

On 13/04/2017 at 9:30 PM, Expatriate123 said:

thank you ...this is very useful...

have you settled in Oz already - which place...I was looking at Perth - may be Mel as well...

Yes we have moved to Australia as of January of this year. We are in Adelaide and we like it very much. Best of luck on your application.

On 14/04/2017 at 8:44 AM, DukeNinja said:

Thanks @path2aus ! This would be a godsend to everyone trying to navigate this additional maze in the quest to emigrate.

Thanks also to @The Pom Queen for offering to sticky this.

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't able to get to it this weekend. Having a new born at home can be quite a handful. I will try to put something together this week. I got lots of help here, glad to give something back.

23 hours ago, path2aus said:

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't able to get to it this weekend. Having a new born at home can be quite a handful. I will try to put something together this week. I got lots of help here, glad to give something back.

No worries @path2aus, I can only imagine how hectic things are for you atm - we are 37 weeks pregnant! Look forward to it when you get to do it mate.

• 3 weeks later...