he didn't actually stuff up my application. he just was really inefficient and stuff me up. i had used him before when doing my 457 and wanted to keep the same MA. he was really efficient then. the second time around, i paid him and had to wait like a week for him to send me the doc checklist. i already knew what docs were needed according to the website but it was a requirement from my company to use a professional.

Then it was time to apply for nomination, he was so inefficient( he was in america trying to run a zillion businesses) that my company decided to get their own agent. since we had already paid for him and would not have received a refund, opted to stay with him, it would have only been the application that he would need to lodge and all our documents were already submitted to his portal, so i thought i could do that so despite being crap he can surely do that. once the nomination was lodged, he advised not to lodge our visa for precaution(which was ok) but then our nomination went through and i called literally everyday until he lodged the visa. he finally did so a month after the nomination was approved. i was about to pull it from him(which i should have done as soon as) but then he had lodge it and received the notification of application. i thought that was it and that there would be no more stress but one morning i tried to email him, it bounced back,i tried logging onto his portal but i couldn't get on, i tried calling and a voicemail said to contact via the portal. i went and researched on the immi website for his MARN, couldn't find it anywhere and finally saw that it had lapsed and he left the country.

so in the end i had to pay for another agent anyway. if i hadn't begged for him to put the application in and just waited, he would have run away with my money like he did with heaps more.

like i say i hate to tell this story because i feel like such an idiot.

if i had researched and found this forum earlier perhaps i would have bounced off ideas from you or if i had changed agents the countless time i wanted too but decided not to to save my money.

but the thing is i can do anything else now just lesson learnt.

I'm telling you and everybody on this forum. A lot of migration agents even if they r registered do not know much what they're doing. Nomination application might be a bit hard but visa application is easier. We pay thousands of dollars for nothing. If you do a little research on the Internet you should be able to submit your application by yourself. You probably paid $5,000 just imagine how long does it take to earn $5,000? more than a month isn't it? If you go to immi account and click on the action then view application you should be able to download the application. You will find it just a simple application with your details. Some MAs are sucks.

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

I'm telling you and everybody on this forum. A lot of migration agents even if they r registered do not know much what they're doing. Nomination application might be a bit hard but visa application is easier. We pay thousands of dollars for nothing. If you do a little research on the Internet you should be able to submit your application by yourself. You probably paid $5,000 just imagine how long does it take to earn $5,000? more than a month isn't it? If you go to immi account and click on the action then view application you should be able to download the application. You will find it just a simple application with your details. Some MAs are sucks.

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

It's the other way around, Employer Nomination is a lot easier than the Visa application. I say this because I helped my HR Manager to fill out the online forms, I was even sitting next to him completing it. I was even there when he created the ImmiAccount, I've seen almost all the info that were entered. Visa application on the other hand is more complicated, though you are correct saying that when you do research, you can do it yourself.....as I have done it all by myself. I didn't want to get a MA as I know they will charge me a lot and I wanted to save money and maybe because I trusted myself that I can do it....and I did it alright;-) but anyways Mila88, just carry on with your journey, the important thing is that your nomination is already approved....you're in the second stage already.....you'll get there for sure....

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

i am aware of that and was more than capable to lodge my own visa. but my employer preferred that i use an MA as they are supposed to have more of a clue than us. i just chose one who just wanted the money and nt to do the actual work. like i said i had used him before and had received excellent service, thought it would have been the case again.

Edited by mila88

i am aware of that and was more than capable to lodge my own visa. but my employer preferred that i use an MA as they are supposed to have more of a clue than us. i just chose one who just wanted the money and nt to do the actual work. like i said i had used him before and had received excellent service, thought it would have been the case again.

Yes you right mila it's not a rocket science I deal with contracts and paperwork everyday and can handle stress really well (though this is doing my head in). But we say we should let the experts do the job so yeah but next time I'll rather help someone lodging their visa and save their money.

On the other hand I was going through archive of my emails and found that when I applied 457 I was requested medical and 1221 fform and was given 7 days to do all that as co wanted to finalised it asap however it took 3 months to get a grant I received my grant on 1st September wow just wow. It's like all the stress was gone that I totally forgot that I waited nearly 3 months after info request.

I think u can remove ma anytime u want and process u by urself. U just let the immi know that u dont want him anymore

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

Good morning. Praying for a PR grant today to those who patiently wait.. :)

my Timeline

Nomination lodge: September 15, 2015

Visa Lodge: Oct 22, 2015

Medical: January 7, 2016

CO Asked for additional Documents: March 19, 2016

Submitted: March 22, 2016

Waiting and waiting and waiting.. :arghh:

Good morning. Praying for a PR grant today to those who patiently wait.. :)

my Timeline

Nomination lodge: September 15, 2015

Visa Lodge: Oct 22, 2015

Medical: January 7, 2016

CO Asked for additional Documents: March 19, 2016

Submitted: March 22, 2016

Waiting and waiting and waiting.. :arghh:

Hi Crissy, what docs were you asked?

Timeline - Nom : 8th Sep 15 ; Visa : 18th Sep 15. Transition stream from HR country

My nomination was lodged on 14th dec 2014 and finally got approved on 30th july 2015. visa lodged november 2015 and still waiting. its been already 1 year 4 months long wait.. Cant control my patience..

hi eish234!

I totally understand your frustration... on top of my employer taking ages after the 2-year mark to apply for the Nomination, I had to delay my visa application lodgement until the Nomination was approved.

"Should I've done it all together, I would have got my PR months ago" is something I think of every day but it doesn't help at all and at that moment, waiting for the outcome of the Nomination was the wiser choice. So now just focus on the positive side... anytime between now and May 10th can be our day! And if that's not the case, in accordance to their Standard Processing Times, we'll have our right to call Immi and have someone to check at it.

Stay strong, mate! :)

Edited by jolie2015