Guys! I went to Medicare office with bridging visa grant and passport but they said I'm not eligible of Medicare because my bridging visa is not active at the moment and i still have 457 visa. Please advise.

@Nasir take your acknowledgement letter that you have applied for PR and the bridging visa copy. And also ask your MA when you are eligible for medicare how can it be rejected. You will get it and you should get it

Guys! I went to Medicare office with bridging visa grant and passport but they said I'm not eligible of Medicare because my bridging visa is not active at the moment and i still have 457 visa. Please advise.

That doesn't make sense , tell them to get stuffed and speak to someone senior and it visit some other branch we all have Medicare , and we visited doctor for general check up the same way we used Bupa card, so as long as you lodged a permanent visa you are entitled to interim Medicare.

And ask that person again what she or he mean by you will get a refusal letter, it's not in her hands she is just there to serve people you me and her/ him though sounds like fat redhead govt employees who seem to care zero . Anyways I had a bit rough day sorry for my words but yea.

That's rubbish we applied for our medicare card in October 2015 and our bridging visa didn't come into effect until December. Medicare did want to see the acknowledgment letter from immi before they would issue our interim medicare card

I think all of the August applications have been allocated to case officer. As my MA was contacted by CO regarding my wife's wrongly translated birth certificate.

Visa and nom: 31 August 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi 31 August did u allocated case officer? Did they asked documents ? Because I am same applied my visa at 31 August.

People from 187 thread were talking about adding into our thread, they are most welcome but it's clear they don't know how to use it. It's either one of them or someone from here or someone who is peeping and not posting on here. But please we rather people created it have done a great job it might not be perfect ( things need improvements) but it's there and we need it .

yeah it is a great tool

People from 187 thread were talking about adding into our thread, they are most welcome but it's clear they don't know how to use it. It's either one of them or someone from here or someone who is peeping and not posting on here. But please we rather people created it have done a great job it might not be perfect ( things need improvements) but it's there and we need it .

Moreover, they have taken my documents and said you'll get a refusal letter perhaps in 3 weeks. There's no temporary medicare card available. It was westfield Liverpool medicare branch.

They said same thing to me when i went to hurstville westfield. Then i went to maroubra they gave me an interim medicare. But the question is immigration happy with medicare while u r on 457???

nom and visa 07/09/15

Hello All,

I am attaching my docs and it says recommended to attach - Provide evidence that you are a member of a family unit. This may include a certified copy of your family book/household booklet/family composition or adoption document. ?

Can someone please answer this ?

Thanks,

hey @warlock1881 what's your lodgement dates for nom and visa as they used to ask this long back. What's ur processing centre. Trying to find more info on it.

They said same thing to me when i went to hurstville westfield. Then i went to maroubra they gave me an interim medicare. But the question is immigration happy with medicare while u r on 457???

nom and visa 07/09/15

yes absolutely I spoke to immi over the phone and I told the guy to make sure and double or triple check, I was put on hold the bloke spoke to his manager and I was advised as long as you have medical cover be it private or Medicare all ok

Hello All,

I am attaching my docs and it says recommended to attach - Provide evidence that you are a member of a family unit. This may include a certified copy of your family book/household booklet/family composition or adoption document. ?

Thanks,

normally they don't ask or it's not necessary but recommended also they ask from those who are from very high risk country, now if you need to make one , the question is how would you get it certified as it will be prepared by you or your family member, other option is using website like ancestory.com

Hello All,

Thanks,

imagepng

Moreover, they have taken my documents and said you'll get a refusal letter perhaps in 3 weeks. There's no temporary medicare card available. It was westfield Liverpool medicare branch.

That's strange our Bridging visa comes into effect next year feb i applied nom and visa this month took the bridging visas to nearest medicare office they gave me paper cards on the spot and said i'll get proper cards with in next two weeks.He took the copies of passports and bridging visas.May be he/she was a new employee try it again you must have got an email from immi even in that immi email it states you might be eligible for medicare card etc.