Hi can anyone advise, I have 2 questions for help!

my employer has agreed to sponsor me -great news not sure if 457 or 186, is there any restrictions from jumping straight on the 186- seems a shorter direct route, I seem to fit the criteria for both?

Also I came over originally on my passport and WHV visa holding my maiden name however my company/bill companies have accepted my new marriage name. Can anyone advise if application and paperwork submitted with my new married name causes an issue when applying for a new visa!?

The 186 direct entry route is better, it's just that lots of employers don't go straight to permanent residency as you can theoretically leave straight away, as with a 457 you belong to them.

You'll need to submit marriage certificate anyway when you apply, so it should all add up, same passport number etc.

@nsg

The application got new visa status "information Requested"

Nomination and visa applied on dated : 27-July-2015

Required Further docs : 05-Feb-2016 (Police clearance certificates)

Question - what do you think guys for nomination status ? is it approved ? still in process ? or something else ?

Please send your comments for this question.

Thanks in advance.

@nsg

Question - what do you think guys for nomination status ? is it approved ? still in process ? or something else ?

Thanks in advance.

Only asking about police clearance certificate ? When it is expiring ?. only concerned about AFP clearance then your file is done .

@nsg

Thanks in advance.

I think you need to contact your MA about nomination. When you upload AFP, your PR will be grant straight away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to contact your MA about nomination. When you upload AFP, your PR will be grant straight away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As information (police clearance) is sought from you, so is the status. If you haven't visited your country after the date of overseas police clearance, you need not to worry about that. Only you need to submit Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance again as it is most probably issued more than one year before. You apply tonight for AFC clearance and get it by next week to upload immediately and let them know with the team number in the subject line. I think on the very next day you'll get the Visa grant. Hope I could clarify you now. Mark and bennyluk also told you the same thing.

Reg : Australian police (AFP) clearance certificate.Please let us know CO asking AFP before expiration or after expiration ? Guys if AFP close to expiration date better go for recent one 4 weeks before expiration to avoids further delay taking decision.Two of my friends was asked get recent AFP as about to expire in 3 three weeks.VIsas granted on weekend too

Hi can anyone advise, I have 2 questions for help!

my employer has agreed to sponsor me -great news not sure if 457 or 186, is there any restrictions from jumping straight on the 186- seems a shorter direct route, I seem to fit the criteria for both?

Also I came over originally on my passport and WHV visa holding my maiden name however my company/bill companies have accepted my new marriage name. Can anyone advise if application and paperwork submitted with my new married name causes an issue when applying for a new visa!?

The name on your visa application must match the name on your passport. You can use the marriage certificate as evidence to support your spouse being included as a dependent, but unless you get a new passport in your married name, you'll need to use your maiden name on your visa application.