Hey peppa pig. My consolate is south africa but need a zambian clearance. Im in wa so cant get to consolate and they cant help me. Phoned zambia and they said i must fly there and do it in person at a police station. Not going to happen. Ive been passed from pillar to post with this and not one of these places seems to be able to do it. My only option is do it here at a local police station when i can find one that still does fingerprints.

Hope you will find some solution soon. Maybe it is good idea to call IMMI and ask what to do in your case? I am so sorry and cannot imagine how stressed you are now!

Oh my.. Actually that is what I am dreading too.. I used to live in another country before Australia and I did not get a police clearance from that country since they don't provide it unless a CO will request for it. So I am crossing my fingers not to be asked for it or else my visa approval will get delayed too.. Hopefully that is the only document that is pending from you and you will get your PR soon.

I think you MA will be able to get you the required letter from Immi for the police check in other countries e.g. Singapore. I'd suggest you do it asap.

I think you MA will be able to get you the required letter from Immi for the police check in other countries e.g. Singapore. I'd suggest you do it asap.

I do not have MA. Lodged it by myself. Anyway, will just worry about it when CO request for it. For now, I am crossing fingers not to be asked for it.

By the way, it was Singapore where I used to live, and since I am not a PR/Citizen there, they told me I can only request for police check if the CO will request for it, otherwise I cannot get it in advance.

I do not have MA. Lodged it by myself. Anyway, will just worry about it when CO request for it. For now, I am crossing fingers not to be asked for it.

By the way, it was Singapore where I used to live, and since I am not a PR/Citizen there, they told me I can only request for police check if the CO will request for it, otherwise I cannot get it in advance.

Yes I've lived and worked in singaore for two years - no pr no citizenship. I used MA and she told me it's required. She managed to get the letter that singapore police asked for police check. Those people in Singapore police force are no less lazy trust me. They will for sure delay you up to 3 week.

Edited by chad714

If you lived there for at least 12 months in the past 10 years, you will be required to provide a police check. There are quite a few countries who will only provide this upon written request from DIBP, so once you hear from your CO you should immediately ask them to provide the request letter.

Character and Police Certificate Requirements

Clients are reminded that Penal Clearance certificates from Singapore, Japan, The Netherlands, Fiji, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, or Hong Kong, require a letter from the Department. An email must be sent to nsw.pse@border.gov.au with “Penal Letter” in the subject line requesting a letter. Clients must quote their application TRN. For more information on character and police certificate requirements click on the link below:

Character and Police certificate requirements

AFP Clearances

Australian State Police Clearances are not acceptable. Only “Complete Disclosure” Certificates issued by the Australian Federal Police (AFP) are acceptable for the PESE program.

Changes to Fingerprint Services

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has been advised that the Australian Federal Police and the WA Police have ceased providing fingerprinting services to members of the public.

DIBP does not have the facility to provide fingerprinting on behalf of other countries which require fingerprints for services such as overseas police clearances or foreign passports.

The need to have fingerprints taken for police clearances or for foreign passports is not a DIBP requirement but a requirement of the issuing country.

If you require fingerprints for the purposes of obtaining any document or service from another country you are advised to contact the embassy or consulate of that country or the relevant agency requiring the finger prints in the country from where you require the certificate or service.

source: DIBP

Yes I've lived and worked in singaore for two years - no pr no citizenship. I used MA and she told me it's required. She managed to get the letter that singapore police asked for police check. Those people in Singapore police force are no less lazy trust me. They will for sure delay you up to 3 week.

I wonder what letter was provided by your MA to get the police check. We contacted directly the Singapore Police and they told us they cannot provide us the police check if it was not requested by the CO. Anyway, where did you do your fingerprinting? And how much did you pay for it?

If you lived there for at least 12 months in the past 10 years, you will be required to provide a police check. There are quite a few countries who will only provide this upon written request from DIBP, so once you hear from your CO you should immediately ask them to provide the request letter.

Yes, we lived there for 3 years. Singapore can only provide police check if requested by the CO and will be sent directly to the CO. I guess we just wait for us to be contacted by the CO before we can request for the Police check. Thanks

Clients are reminded that Penal Clearance certificates from Singapore, Japan, The Netherlands, Fiji, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, or Hong Kong, require a letter from the Department. An email must be sent to nsw.pse@border.gov.au with “Penal Letter” in the subject line requesting a letter. Clients must quote their application TRN. For more information on character and police certificate requirements click on the link below:

Is it worth trying an email as per the above while your application is still in the queue? All you'll lose is the time to write an email, and you might get the authorisation back so you can get it sorted before you come to the top of the pile. Although speaking as a July 1st visa-only (nomination already approved) applicant who hasn't been contacted yet despite the automated email messages for the last 2 weeks, the top of the pile still seems a loooooong way away...

Is it worth trying an email as per the above while your application is still in the queue? All you'll lose is the time to write an email, and you might get the authorisation back so you can get it sorted before you come to the top of the pile. Although speaking as a July 1st visa-only (nomination already approved) applicant who hasn't been contacted yet despite the automated email messages for the last 2 weeks, the top of the pile still seems a loooooong way away...

Your case is definitely with a team now - not sure if with a co at all.

I just went for an job interview and they told me that they want to hire me but they cant wait until i get my visa.

Nomination 12th june

Application 22nd june

Application received.

This is the only job permanent opportunity available to since i arrived 2.5 years ago. Im a contractor now.

I rang 131881 and its a number for citezenship not pr.

What is the number to ring.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Aaahhhhh!!!! Cant take it anymore. They will decide who gets the job mid week. I need to be granted Monday or Tuesday.

Seems like they forgot all about our application. I rang and emailed my situation but nothing. I dont expect to special treatment for a faster application but i must be this week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Character and Police certificate requirements

AFP Clearances

Australian State Police Clearances are not acceptable. Only “Complete Disclosure” Certificates issued by the Australian Federal Police (AFP) are acceptable for the PESE program.

Changes to Fingerprint Services

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has been advised that the Australian Federal Police and the WA Police have ceased providing fingerprinting services to members of the public.

DIBP does not have the facility to provide fingerprinting on behalf of other countries which require fingerprints for services such as overseas police clearances or foreign passports.

The need to have fingerprints taken for police clearances or for foreign passports is not a DIBP requirement but a requirement of the issuing country.

If you require fingerprints for the purposes of obtaining any document or service from another country you are advised to contact the embassy or consulate of that country or the relevant agency requiring the finger prints in the country from where you require the certificate or service.

source: DIBP

Hi. I contacted the zambian embassy in zambia and they do not deal with police clearance at all... only the police. What do you do in such a case? Its so difficult to try and get something so important done whilt in another country with very little recsources to do this type of thing. Im in wa by the way. Tomorrow is monday and im going hunting for a police station that will hrlp me.

Hi. I contacted the zambian embassy in zambia and they do not deal with police clearance at all... only the police. What do you do in such a case? Its so difficult to try and get something so important done whilt in another country with very little recsources to do this type of thing. Im in wa by the way. Tomorrow is monday and im going hunting for a police station that will hrlp me.

Hi, are you lived there for sometime or a citizen?

Now WA is seemed to be stopped finger print facility at least for visa applications. You have to jump to vic or nsw.dont know abt sa.

thanks

Hello All,

Nice to find such a nice Community like you, while we all are in same boat.

I am still trying to figure out how to add Timeline.

According to my little knowledge, DIAB is doing further more verifications for all Nomination and Visa application after 1st July 2015, such as Overseas Experience, Overseas Qualification, Character Certificate check etc. so after 1st July application should expect delay.

this is something my MA told me.

But correct me if i am Wrong, As you Know MA always have excuse to get rid of any annoying inquiries

Nomination 3rd July 2015 Visa applied 6th July 2015

Nomination & visa approval: Application Received