Im hoping next week sometime. Doesnt look like theres alot of june applicants.

Members on this forum represent very low number of people from June but my MA said, Immi got flooded with applications in June primarily because of two reasons first people thought visa price will increase dramatically from next year (july 2015) and English skills requirement will go higher.

Edited by JohnT

Members on this forum represent very low number of people from June but my MA said, Immi got flooded with applications in June primarily because of two reasons first people thought visa price will increase dramatically from next year (july 2015) and English skills requirement will go higher.

Only $80 increased, and I think there is no changed for the English requirement...

The only reason I believe is case officers are lazy....

All the time I see people saying waiting is killing.

Please no one should take this personally, most of US 186 are transition stream, which means we are in Australia working somewhere, by right we are saying we are committed to work in same occupation for another 2 years. So even we get PR today nothing will change tomorrow morning. We will still be in same job and earning same salary. So if nothing is going to change then why waiting is killing. Let it come whenever it has to. Lets enjoy today and stop worrying and celebrate life. Remember we are in much better place than millions around the world.

PS : Only for people on 186 transition stream.

Edited by JohnT

Please no one should take this personally, most of US 186 are transition stream, which means we are in Australia working somewhere, by right we are saying we are committed to work in same occupation for another 2 years. So even we get PR today nothing will change tomorrow morning. We will still be in same job and earning same salary. So if nothing is going to change then why waiting is killing. Let it come whenever it has to. Lets enjoy today and stop worrying and celebrate life. Remember we are in much better place than millions around the world.

True, very true. Live in the moment. I read in a book that HAPPINESS BRINGS SUCCESS, SUCCESS NEVER BRINGS HAPPINESS. I am sure everyone here in this forum will get their PR.

True, very true. Live in the moment. I read in a book that HAPPINESS BRINGS SUCCESS, SUCCESS NEVER BRINGS HAPPINESS. I am sure everyone here in this forum will get their PR.

Offcourse we all will get eventually. As we all are 457 holders and already here for at least 2 years. Nothing will stop getting our PR one day. Remember if you apply PR in US or UK it takes years before you hear anything.

Sometimes, I asked myself: if I got the "approval" now, what would I do tomorrow? The same. Start my work at 8:30am and finish at 5pm, repeat the similar stuff during the day as yesterday. Yes, I will be very excited at the moment when I get the grant letter, but everything may come back to the same routine life when I wake up next day.

Sometimes, I asked myself: if I got the "approval" now, what would I do tomorrow? The same. Start my work at 8:30am and finish at 5pm, repeat the similar stuff during the day as yesterday. Yes, I will be very excited at the moment when I get the grant letter, but everything may come back to the same routine life when I wake up next day.

Thats exactly my point my friend. Then why waiting is killing, Its very hard to understand. Most of people are getting very much within published timeline 5-8 Months.

It's the freedom. And one thing less to worry about.

Freedom mainly.

It didnt increase but people anticipated that it will and flooded the June files.

Well, getting a PR opens up lot of other avenues. It is not just the job. One might do the same job forever. But how about buying a house, starting a family etc etc where you need the stability of a PR rather than a 457.

Well, getting a PR opens up lot of other avenues. It is not just the job. One might do the same job forever. But how about buying a house, starting a family etc etc where you need the stability of a PR rather than a 457.