Whats big deal if he waits for another week just to be on safer side. Its better to be on safer side than to be sorry and loosing money.

I hope you got your answer NOW.

For FYI immi calculates 2 years from the day you start job not from the day VISA 457 got approved. There are people who get 457 quickly while they serve notice period and relocate its already few months since the 457 was approved but they started some time later. In which case the day they start the job will be the date which will be counted.

That's a new info to me. But how can immi actually determine exact dates?

e.g. For inter company transfers, if 457 was granted in Sept, but relocation to Aus materialized in Dec, while the person worked remotely for the same company. Would immi take entry to Aus on 457 in Dec as starting day?

That's a new info to me. But how can immi actually determine exact dates?

e.g. For inter company transfers, if 457 was granted in Sept, but relocation to Aus materialized in Dec, while the person worked remotely for the same company. Would immi take entry to Aus on 457 in Dec as starting day?

Okay lets look at this in another way, If employer has to issue you a experience certificate which date he will put, the date when employee started working on the job irrespective of where he was on the job start day. I guess thats the date immi is intrested in rather than when visa got approved or when you arrived in Australia.

Edited by JohnT

Okay lets look at this in another way, If employer has to issue you a experience certificate which date he will put, the date when employee started working on the job irrespective of where he was on the job start day. I guess thats the date immi is intrested in rather than when visa got approved or when you arrived in Australia.

I would say employee would get Aus experience certificate from Dec, coz legally he/she started working in Aus in Dec ... (Probably this is what immi would be looking for)

But, there is another catch, what if employee got the contract/transfer proposal signed/accepted in Aug? Only after employee's acceptance company applied 457 (to be granted in Sep). So technically, employee took the job in Sep, but couldn't start 'legally' until Dec

I would say employee would get Aus experience certificate from Dec, coz legally he/she started working in Aus in Dec ... (Probably this is what immi would be looking for)

But, there is another catch, what if employee got the contract/transfer proposal signed/accepted in Aug? Only after employee's acceptance company applied 457 (to be granted in Sep). So technically, employee took the job in Sep, but couldn't start 'legally' until Dec

Lets keep it simple, when does he start getting paid? Ideally the moment employer starts paying you legally once visa is approved and you start working. Off-course employer wont be paying if you were not working.

Edited by JohnT

Lets keep it simple, when does he start getting paid? Ideally the moment employer starts paying you legally once visa is approved and you start working. Off-course employer wont be paying if you were not working.

Yep, Aussie payroll would start from actual relocation to Aus i.e. Dec ... (of course the employer is still paying the employee while relocation is still in progress)

yes me and my partner lodged both nomination and visa together on 14th May and have heard nothing at all yet.....anxiously waiting!

Your timeline is earlier to mine. I had dropped an email for the status update on the visa application and all I heard was its allocated to team 4 and if they need anything, I shall be contacted. No updates after that.

Look forward to massive grantings after the quite day:)

I seriously hope so man. This is the most frustrating system, after paying big money you dont hear anything until 4 months..

What frustrates me most when I see people from May who haven't heard anything yet, that is scarry..

I seriously hope so man. This is the most frustrating system, after paying big money you dont hear anything until 4 months..

What frustrates me most when I see people from May who haven't heard anything yet, that is scarry..

Yes, we do feel the pain about this. So be positive, then feel better, one 25th June application was approved yesterday.

Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting ...............................................................................