Next week, my application has been 6 months since lodged 27/01/15.

already have nomination approved 26 June.

Now waiting for visa, hopefully next week.

Did you submit visa application after the nomination approval , how come it took so long

Did you submit visa application after the nomination approval , how come it took so long

I submitted nomination and applications at the same time.

But on 29/06 they asked for police check again and I submitted new one 8/7 and 21/7 the status updated " assessment in progess"

i dont why it taking so long too.

should we call CO TO PUSH THEM ?

But on 29/06 they asked for police check again and I submitted new one 8/7 and 21/7 the status updated " assessment in progess"

It might mean that they have received your police check again and are processing it, I suggest if you could, try not to contact them too often, but if you are to contact them, don't ask how is your application going, instead ask if they have received all your submitted documents. This way you know that they have had all they need and are doing their job.

why do they asked new police check?

It might mean that they have received your police check again and are processing it, I suggest if you could, try not to contact them too often, but if you are to contact them, don't ask how is your application going, instead ask if they have received all your submitted documents. This way you know that they have had all they need and are doing their job.

Muchwiki, have u ever seen any cases like mine? Lodged visa and nomination at same time but nomination approved first!!! Im bit worried, dnt know how long its gonna be?? Any advice plz?

Muchwiki, have u ever seen any cases like mine? Lodged visa and nomination at same time but nomination approved first!!! Im bit worried, dnt know how long its gonna be?? Any advice plz?
I think its normal, as my immi lawyer said after nomination approved we definitely get visa. I am in the same boat, don't worry about it too much. We all will be fine.

If you check this forum with records from last year and the year before you would find many had the same situations as yours where they got their nomination approved first even they submitted both together. As long as you don't have any complications regarding health or characters then the visa approval is almost certain, just have to hang in there till they complete the processing

Edited by MuchWiki

The nomination has to be approved first. The application cannot be processed without a nomination first being approved.

So what's the process

You have to download and fill the Medicare enrolment form, bring it together with your passport and the receipt of the visa 186 lodgement to a Medicare center, they will have to scan your documents there and process your application. The process takes 5 mins, if you just recently lodge your application then you have to wait at least 4 weeks from date of lodgement for your name to be available on Medicare system

Edited by MuchWiki

Hey Guys.

There is so much information out there regarding timelines.. My MA has told me up to 6 months.. But i've noticed some people on here have had visas approved within 30 days!!! I've called the dept of immi and they told me that they are currently processing visas lodged in "March" however people on here have been getting approval from April lodgements?!? It is really confusing. Here is my story and timeline.. does anyone have any advise??

Been on a 457 visa for 2 years since May 2013 (prior to that i was on a holiday working visa)

My ANZSCO is FITNESS CENTRE MANAGER

Have lodged a decision ready application for ENS 186 with a MA on 24th June 2015 nomination and application together.

Medical completed and submitted to immgration on 7th July

Look forward to hear from anyones experience on timelines

Hey Guys.

There is so much information out there regarding timelines.. My MA has told me up to 6 months.. But i've noticed some people on here have had visas approved within 30 days!!! I've called the dept of immi and they told me that they are currently processing visas lodged in "March" however people on here have been getting approval from April lodgements?!? It is really confusing. Here is my story and timeline.. does anyone have any advise??

Been on a 457 visa for 2 years since May 2013 (prior to that i was on a holiday working visa)

My ANZSCO is FITNESS CENTRE MANAGER

Have lodged a decision ready application for ENS 186 with a MA on 24th June 2015 nomination and application together.

Medical completed and submitted to immgration on 7th July

Look forward to hear from anyones experience on timelines

Check out the website (I cannot write the whole link as it would be removed automatically) you will have a feel for the waiting period, department quote 6 months but the real waiting time for straight forward application is about 4 months, complicated applications could wait for more

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to URL

You have to download and fill the Medicare enrolment form, bring it together with your passport and the receipt of the visa 186 lodgement to a Medicare center, they will have to scan your documents there and process your application. The process takes 5 mins, if you just recently lodge your application then you have to wait at least 4 weeks from date of lodgement for your name to be available on Medicare system

hi bro no need to wait for 4 weeks...I lodged my visa on 11th may 2015 and applied medicare on 12th may 2015 and with in 5mins all done....so no need to wait... stop your private insurance and save some $$$

''Assessment in Progress'' does not mean that a CO has been assigned. This is the status that showed on all application once submitted prior to the changes that took place in May 2015.

All applications applied for after the changes took place are 'Application received' and will go straight to 'granted' if no further information is requested so dont be disheartened thinking that it has not been assigned to a CO because that may not necessarily be true

This is incorrect. My status was "application received" and then changed to "application in progress" after I was asked for further information and once this information was provided.