Hey all just updating on my application. On 30 June, Immi called my MA and advised a CO would be allocated within a week from 30 June. It has now been 2 weeks and have not heard a thing! Apparently my MA advised that when a CO is allocated a case, they are required to review the application within a week, so on that basis, I should have mine reviewed by today.....but not holding my breath. If we have not heard anything by cob today, my MA will be writing a strong email demanding an update.

Is it advisable to write " demands" to immi as your application is still well within the time frame of processing . My MA won't contact immi unless the processing time frame has elapsed as immi can just tell you that it's still within the processing time and to wait.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it means that immi is conducting an internal reference check with your employer in regards to your Nom application.

Would there be any specific reason? I work for a large employer that has sponsored a few people. It's very frustrating.

Would there be any specific reason? I work for a large employer that has sponsored a few people. It's very frustrating.

It could be a variety of reasons, but you shouldn't worry too much. A couple of my friends had to go through internal checks as well – one took annual leave for about a month and immi wanted to verify it with the employer. The other was due to the company's name change during the 2 years of her employment, which differs from the application that lodged her 457. Hope this makes sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it means that immi is conducting an internal reference check with your employer in regards to your Nom application.

Seems this can refer to anything then, as my nomination was approved in March, and the visa application was just waiting for my new born baby to be added. The baby was added on July 2 to the application and one of the COs told me when I called that day that the application will now be processed in a week at the most, but when I called them last Friday to get a status update, the admin team told me that the application is waiting for some internal checks now - researched online and it seems these checks can take anywhere between a few days to a few months depending on what they are checking!! Waiting waiting and waiting, sigh!!

Yep, I agreed looking at your case seems to be very annoying. looks like they don't have any proper reason to keeping you on hold.

I strongly recommended to immi officer that processing rule should be same for all applicant rather than playing lucky drawn winners.

There should be equally time frame to all applicant.

It could be a variety of reasons, but you shouldn't worry too much. A couple of my friends had to go through internal checks as well – one took annual leave for about a month and immi wanted to verify it with the employer. The other was due to the company's name change during the 2 years of her employment, which differs from the application that lodged her 457. Hope this makes sense.

I hoping that it's taking that bit longer as my MA lodged visa and nom Together as Decision Ready along with police checks and Medicals! Fingers crossed it all comes through at once lol

I hope I don't offend anybody when I say I find it particularly frustrating that I come from a low risk country, don't require IELTS, lodged decision ready, work for large reputable employer and still the internal checks are dragging on.

I hope I don't offend anybody when I say I find it particularly frustrating that I come from a low risk country, don't require IELTS, lodged decision ready, work for large reputable employer and still the internal checks are dragging on.

Everyone has their own frustrations, I'm in the exact same boat as you. My only mistake is not lodging my visa together with my nomination.

Everyone has their own frustrations, I'm in the exact same boat as you. My only mistake is not lodging my visa together with my nomination.

I don't see any mistakes from our end. I've seen many applicant those who do not lodged visa their visa together with nominations and got granted on time withing four month at the time of lodging nomination such as 3 of my colleagues nomination was lodged 4 january and they applied visa on 27 april and got granted both same day withing half an hours. I've also seen many applicant those who lodged both the application on same time but only nomination granted and waiting for PR yet. we've also live example of "R1ggers" who lodged both the application @ same time however he still waiting to granted at least nomination.

For your friend took one month leave, what document did he/she provide? Has he/she got approved?

Hey all,

Anyone had news today?

I spoke with Immi yesterday and they told me my file was being looked at by the 'team'. God knows how long that will take!

Apparently they don't do named CO anymore....

Still waiting on both Nom and Visa

Good luck all!

Hey all,

Anyone had news today?

I spoke with Immi yesterday and they told me my file was being looked at by the 'team'. God knows how long that will take!

Good luck all!

Hi Pome

You are right, applications are allocated to a team now and depending on the workload of the team any CO from the team will pick it up and assess it. The application remains with the same team but if they ask for more documents or something, every time a different CO may pick it up for assessment.

Typically once been allocated to a team, a CO will look at your application within 7 days of being allocated. If they need more documents, they will call you, if they want some other checks they will initiate those or best case scenario will finalise your application.

If you submitted everything upfront you should hear from them soon :))

Cheers

It wasn't my words.......my MA used the word "demands", probably because an officer had called 2 weeks ago and confirmed a CO would be assigned to my application within a week and for 2 weeks to have gone passed with no contact, is why they would say they will demand an update. If I didn't have a MA, I would do the same personally.

Hi Pome

You are right, applications are allocated to a team now and depending on the workload of the team any CO from the team will pick it up and assess it. The application remains with the same team but if they ask for more documents or something, every time a different CO may pick it up for assessment.

Typically once been allocated to a team, a CO will look at your application within 7 days of being allocated. If they need more documents, they will call you, if they want some other checks they will initiate those or best case scenario will finalise your application.

Cheers

Thanks CSI! That actually sounds a lot more efficient to work in a team approach like that...

7 days sounds promising...Fingers crossed I hear soon then :)

Same here R1ggers!

It wasn't my words.......my MA used the word "demands", probably because an officer had called 2 weeks ago and confirmed a CO would be assigned to my application within a week and for 2 weeks to have gone passed with no contact, is why they would say they will demand an update. If I didn't have a MA, I would do the same personally.

Not having a pop bud, A CO may have been assigned to it already, a lot of people don't hear anything from their CO/Team until it's granted. Hope you hear something soon.

Not having a pop bud, A CO may have been assigned to it already, a lot of people don't hear anything from their CO/Team until it's granted. Hope you hear something soon.

Me too! It's holding up a lot of personal things I'm trying to sort out, this Bridging Visa limbo is not a good spot to be in!

Hey all,

Anyone had news today?

Good luck all!

Any idea, which processing center?thx

Hi Pome

Cheers

Let's hope for the best if they started allocating the same team. i've not idea where is my application b'coz I don't have MA.

When I called immi last few weeks ago they not even asked my TRN number or anything else, they roughly said it will take around 4-6 month which is template answered.