Hi Bella

High Range drink driving with 6 month suspension of the licence and Interlock programm for 2 years ( you can drive after fitting a device in your car). Was my first and only offence...

For what I read , only crime involving "detention in jail over 12 month" and "person beeing a threat for australia" would be refused.... But there is very few information I can find on that

I really hope that this is not a deal breaker for immigration ... but cannot find any "exact information" on this issue

Hey guys,

My Nomination was approved today, however my visa application got stuck as IMMI needs my wife's medical done, but BUPA refuses to finalize that because we don't want to go through a chest x-Ray, as my wife is 7 months pregnant now. Guess will have to wait for another 2-3 months for the visa.

Good luck to everyone else, cheers

Guest Lynn23

Co requested us for more documents... medical examination to all of my family members which is outside Australia, its weird because they'are actually not applying for Pr just my brother but CO still requested for all of our medical? ~.~

Co requested us for more documents... medical examination to all of my family members which is outside Australia, its weird because they'are actually not applying for Pr just my brother but CO still requested for all of our medical? ~.~

That is very strange indeed!

Medicals are required for family members who were included on your visa application under 'Non-migrating dependents'. If they are not dependents but are simply family members, you should submit a Notification of Incorrect Answers Form 1023 and medicals will no longer be needed.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1023.pdf Form 1023

Just received my application approval today. HOORAY! :)

Here's my full timeline:

Nomination: 11.10.14

Personal application submission: 29.11.14

Nomination approval: 18.02.15

Visa granted: 01.04.15

Thanks to everyone that posts - it really does help to see where everyone's at when you're waiting.

Just wondering how long people were waiting before their application status went from "processing - we will contact you" to assigned to a case officer /team ? my nomination was completed by work so I didn't get to stalk it in ImmiAccount. I only went for my medical yesterday so I wasn't expecting it to be assigned before that. Need to get another bridging visa at the end of the month and trying to ascertain if I will I have a case officer beforehand - I lodged on 24 Jan 2015.

Got reply from immi:

"Thank you for your email. Currently your application has already been allocated to a team for processing. One of the case officer from the team will be in contact with your migration agent if further documents is needed."

K.

##########

Decision Support Officer

Edited by MaggieMay24
removed case officer name/number -initials allowed only