Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm utterly confused and can't seem to find the info anywhere.

So I'm 1 year 8 months into being sponsored on a 457 visa. I went yesterday to see HR to see about getting the ball rolling for PR after 2 years. She recommended that I do the visa myself as it'd be quicker. However my job (ICT Tech) is on the CSOL not the SOL, and I can't see any way of doing it myself. After doing some research I came across the Direct Entry Stream. However now I'm even more confused. What's the difference between DES and transition except for being able to do DES before 2 years?

I'd like to do the DES as I'd prefer to get PR sooner, but I have a co-worker who is going through transition at the moment and the employer has spent 4 months compiling the work for her nomination. Am I to expect the exact same thing with DES? Am I completely missing a way to do it myself?

Thanks

Hey....... you can do a direct entry on a 186, which still involves your employer doing the nomination (like they did for 457) but you also need to do a skills assessment. For the transition scheme you don't need to do a skills assessment as it's just a rollover for a job you've been in for 2 years. The direct entry option can be done at any time.... my husbands new employer are lodging the 457 and 186 at the same time on direct entry.

Hello,

The latest update on the immigration site says application lodged until 9th September for priority group 3 have been allocated to processing teams; I guess this mean all ENS 186 (priority 2) for July and August have been allocated to processing team...

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

Is my understanding correct... or am I missing something...

Hey all,

Still waiting to hear back from my case officer after i submitted documents last week as I submitted my visa application incorrectly. They say they get back to you in 5 days but i doubt highly they will as from what i have read they access your case and if you require more info they contact you and ask for it then put you back into a list to be reviewed a few weeks later.

Hey all,

Still waiting to hear back from my case officer after i submitted documents last week as I submitted my visa application incorrectly. They say they get back to you in 5 days but i doubt highly they will as from what i have read they access your case and if you require more info they contact you and ask for it then put you back into a list to be reviewed a few weeks later.

Yes annie , my MA told me the same things. You will be place on quee and after 28 days it will be reviewed again by first avilable VPO.

Hey all,

Hi Annie

Would you mind telling me that what was wrong with your application? as I have lodged application myself and I do not wanna be in the same situation.

Hi Annie

Would you mind telling me that what was wrong with your application? as I have lodged application myself and I do not wanna be in the same situation.

I managed to put my whole family onto my application somehow and now i have had to rectify it - doh!

We lodged a decision ready application on 18th June with our nomination approved 2 days before and have heard nothing. Phoned end of last week and were told we had been allocated a case officer, that all seemed to be in order and we just needed to be patient! Geez its frustrating though

Hi folks.. one of my friend got his PR today, lodged the application on 22-07-14, total 3month 12 days. 457 to 186 direct entry.

I applied first week in Sept, hoping to get it before Xmas!!!

That is good news!

We applied 1st Sept, we will be watching each other's timeline... :smile: