My nomination went in on 12/05

My visa went in 10 days later, 22/05

I don't know which center is processing my visa, as the last update date on my application is still the date I submitted it. My nomination approval email was sent out by VIC.

I know applications have different time lines. But it's a little frustrated knowing that they process some later applications quicker. We are all "buying" their processing service at the same price, right?

I was the same people were being granted there's before mine which was submitted weeks before there own, think it's down to which centre the application goes to mine was vic and found they were VERY slow.. Good luck

I was the same people were being granted there's before mine which was submitted weeks before there own, think it's down to which centre the application goes to mine was vic and found they were VERY slow.. Good luck

To correct, my nomination went in on 14/05 not 12/05, :P

Nomination was approved on 12/08. Today is 12/09, currently in my 5th week after nomination approval... No updates so far.

Anyway, I'm keeping myself busy with lots of works so the waiting time is passing by less painful to me ;)

Edited by DavidExpat

My acknowledgement letter also showes my application is processing in parramatta. Both my nomination and visa application were lodged 28/Aug. Waiting...

Hello. I have been following this thread for a while now.

My PR got granted today.

My timeline is as follows:

186 visa lodged complete on 9 June through MA.

Medicals complete 13 June.

Nomination approval Letter 11/9.

visa approved 12/9.

no contact with CO.

good luck to those still waiting.

Hello. I have been following this thread for a while now.

My PR got granted today.

My timeline is as follows:

186 visa lodged complete on 9 June through MA.

Medicals complete 13 June.

Nomination approval Letter 11/9.

visa approved 12/9.

no contact with CO.

good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats Karl

What office did it go through?

I'm following this thread quietly for some time. In two weeks time I complete 2 years in a 457 visa.

My employer has sorted out everything for the nomination and he'll put it through when time comes.

I first had in mind I'd send the application with the nomination at the same time. However, if the nomination is refused, I'd have to withdraw and would lose a fair amount of money (me + wife). I feel comfortable with the nomination being approved, even because we have few more people on 457 atm.

My doubt is: why do you guys put the nomination and application at the same time? And how many of you applied after nomination is approved?

Thanks all and good luck to everyone!

Edited by bernardeli
Typos

I'm following this thread quietly for some time. In two weeks time I complete 2 years in a 457 visa.

My employer has sorted out everything for the nomination and he'll put it through when time comes.

I first had in mind I'd send the application with the nomination at the same time. However, if the nomination is refused, I'd have to withdraw and would lose a fair amount of money (me + wife). I feel comfortable with the nomination being approved, even because we have few more people on 457 atm.

My doubt is: why do you guys put the nomination and application at the same time? And how many of you applied after nomination is approved?

Thanks all and good luck to everyone!

Here's our timeline so far:

Nomination by employer lodged 09/01/2014

Approved 17/03/2014

Application lodged 14/08/2014

Medicals completed 01/09/2014

The reason for the gap between approval and lodging the application was due to having skills assessment which took 5 months to go through but also wanted the approval as for me the fear was of losing over $8k had they turned round and said no :smile: