Partner points - Do I need IELTS test too?

JenWarr

Hello all!

First-time poster here! I'm hoping to add an extra 5 points to our EOI currently submitted (long story but our migration agent just decided not to tell us there was virtually NO chance of us getting ITC Business Analyst visa with only 60 points...)

I'm a marketing consultant, and so I'm going to do my own skills assessment with VETASSESS to get us some extra points. At 65 points we've been told we'll probably be invited within 7 / 8 months.

What I'd like to know is whether an IELTS english test is necessary for this assessment? MY partner had to do one for extra points, but I don't know if I need to do one too to go along with my assessment in order for us to achieve the 5 points.

If anyone has exp of this and can advise, that would be super helpful.

Thanks all!

Jen

Vetassess do not require IELTS as part of the skills assessment process.

If you are a UK citizen, then you don't require IELTS as the partner of the main applicant, and there will be no extra visa points added if you did pass it at an appropriate level.

Not sure if you've already factored this in, but your partner may try and score IELTS 8s for extra points.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Yes he already got his 5 points for IELTS, but thanks for thinking of it. We're down at 60 points at the moment as the assessing body took 6 years of relevant work exp in place of a relevant degree - so outside of that 6 years he has 2 additional years exp, we need it to get up to 3 years for extra 5 points, but that can only be added in April next year. So I'm guessing me adding 5 points with my skills is our best bet for now.

Thanks so much for the answer, you've confirmed my suspicions :)

Hello all!

First-time poster here! I'm hoping to add an extra 5 points to our EOI currently submitted (long story but our migration agent just decided not to tell us there was virtually NO chance of us getting ITC Business Analyst visa with only 60 points...)

I'm a marketing consultant, and so I'm going to do my own skills assessment with VETASSESS to get us some extra points. At 65 points we've been told we'll probably be invited within 7 / 8 months.

What I'd like to know is whether an IELTS english test is necessary for this assessment? MY partner had to do one for extra points, but I don't know if I need to do one too to go along with my assessment in order for us to achieve the 5 points.

If anyone has exp of this and can advise, that would be super helpful.

Thanks all!

Jen

Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age

• had at least competent English

• had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation

• had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.