Tourist Visa for new born

mayawino

Hello there,

We are a PR visa holder family currently based in Pakistan and planning to shift to Australia in the mid of this year. Recently, We also got a new addition in our family from which we want to apply a visa. The pickle is that our PR visa would expire in Dec next year and the processing time of child visa from here takes up to 14 months.

I would like to ask you about considering the option of applying for a tourist visa for our baby, tell the DIBP about our plans that we want to travel in the mid of this year and then upon reaching australia we will apply the child visa from there. Can this be done ? because from the processing time frame of the child visa is a lot . we may loose our PR visa for the processing of this visa .We want to travel together by the mid of this year. can anyone advise me in this regard?

kind regards,

Maya

• 4 weeks later...

I recently applied for Child Visa for my new born in Delhi, India. The main thing to consider is that you would not be able to apply for Onshore Child Visa as the baby will be on a tourist visa which will have a "No Further Stay" Condition. Bringing the baby on Tourist visa is a hassle. Your child needs to exit the country as soon as the child visa is granted in order to enter on a permanent visa, since it was granted offshore. I am not sure about Pakistan but in India I was able to get the PR approved in just over a month. If you want to go through the Tourist Visa route, You would need to apply for the tourist visa and the Child Visa simultaneously requesting a maximum of 1 year stay for your child. You have a chance of getting a 1 year stay tourist visa since you both have a PR. If the Child Visa is granted offshore prior to that 1 year, your child needs to exit the country and reenter on permanent visa. You may get a continuous 1 year stay or they may give you a visa with just 3 months stay at a time. Your child needs to exit the country if the Child Visa is not granted yet and his/her current stay expires. You might have to exit and enter the country again. 

But since you said that you have your PR valid till end of next year, I would advise you to submit a child visa application first and see how long the process takes. You might get it approved fast like it happened for me. If it takes longer than expected, apply for a tourist via stating that you have a pending child visa and you would make sure that the child will exit the country on completion of his/her stay or when the child visa is granted.  To avoid the hassle of the child visa and the headaches it may cause, if you have enough time go ahead with the child visa first and decide on the tourist visa later.

Manika,

The child Visa for me from start to end (including Christmas/New Year Break) took just over a month to get approved in India. If all the documents are ready and available to be submitted, it is a very simple process in India. Since you are applying for your visa just now, you will have all the documents ready (Like the police checks for you and your spouse), so you can submit every thing. The only thing which needs to be done for the child is the medicals and it is very simple. You just need the birth certificate, the application forms, DD for the application fee, Passport copies of both the parents, Police checks for both the parents and the medicals for the child. Since yours will be a new visa, I will not recommend Tourist visa.

Edited by path2aus

On 3/29/2017 at 11:30 AM, path2aus said:

I recently applied for Child Visa for my new born in Delhi, India. The main thing to consider is that you would not be able to apply for Onshore Child Visa as the baby will be on a tourist visa which will have a "No Further Stay" Condition. Bringing the baby on Tourist visa is a hassle.

Just to clarify, you MAY not be able to apply for an onshore child visa as the baby will be on a tourist visa which MAY have a No Further Stay condition.  Applying for the offshore child visa is usually the more appropriate option but it may be possible to apply for the onshore child visa.

16 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Just to clarify, you MAY not be able to apply for an onshore child visa as the baby will be on a tourist visa which MAY have a No Further Stay condition.  Applying for the offshore child visa is usually the more appropriate option but it may be possible to apply for the onshore child visa.

Thanks for that info Maggie. I was not aware we could.

• 3 months later...

On 3/29/2017 at 05:30, path2aus said:

I recently applied for Child Visa for my new born in Delhi, India. The main thing to consider is that you would not be able to apply for Onshore Child Visa as the baby will be on a tourist visa which will have a "No Further Stay" Condition. Bringing the baby on Tourist visa is a hassle. Your child needs to exit the country as soon as the child visa is granted in order to enter on a permanent visa, since it was granted offshore. I am not sure about Pakistan but in India I was able to get the PR approved in just over a month. If you want to go through the Tourist Visa route, You would need to apply for the tourist visa and the Child Visa simultaneously requesting a maximum of 1 year stay for your child. You have a chance of getting a 1 year stay tourist visa since you both have a PR. If the Child Visa is granted offshore prior to that 1 year, your child needs to exit the country and reenter on permanent visa. You may get a continuous 1 year stay or they may give you a visa with just 3 months stay at a time. Your child needs to exit the country if the Child Visa is not granted yet and his/her current stay expires. You might have to exit and enter the country again. 

But since you said that you have your PR valid till end of next year, I would advise you to submit a child visa application first and see how long the process takes. You might get it approved fast like it happened for me. If it takes longer than expected, apply for a tourist via stating that you have a pending child visa and you would make sure that the child will exit the country on completion of his/her stay or when the child visa is granted.  To avoid the hassle of the child visa and the headaches it may cause, if you have enough time go ahead with the child visa first and decide on the tourist visa later.

Manika,

The child Visa for me from start to end (including Christmas/New Year Break) took just over a month to get approved in India. If all the documents are ready and available to be submitted, it is a very simple process in India. Since you are applying for your visa just now, you will have all the documents ready (Like the police checks for you and your spouse), so you can submit every thing. The only thing which needs to be done for the child is the medicals and it is very simple. You just need the birth certificate, the application forms, DD for the application fee, Passport copies of both the parents, Police checks for both the parents and the medicals for the child. Since yours will be a new visa, I will not recommend Tourist visa.

I applied for the child visa in May 2017 and i just got an email stating that my case has been recieved, so it seems there is no activity on the case . We are running out of time now. We have to travel to Australia by December 2017. 

1. what i want to know is that by what time should I apply for the tourist visa ?

2. how much amount should be shown in the bank statement and for how many months a statement should be maintained?

3. Do we need to show strong ties with the native country if we are migrating to Australia permanently?

4. if we have been allotted a visit visa for 3 months for our baby, at the end of 3 months , do we have to travel in and out of AUS 

> how to renew the visit visa after 3 monrhs?

>if we travel to Newzealand for the visit visa , do we have to get a visa for NZ as well?

please help me in this regard im getting very anxious now. 

Maya