Difference between 3 month, 6 month and 1 year visit visa

henryolonga

Hello to all,

I would like to seek some information if there is a difference in applying for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year visit visa?

The question is if the difference is regarding cost? or is it the decision from department/case officer to grant either 3 months or 6 months or 1 year visa depending upon circumstances?

Regards,

Henry

Hello mate, I can't remember if I was given the choice of how long to apply for, but my tourist visa is valid for 1 year, for a maximum duration of 3 months at a time. I applied for the eVisa. If you're from one of the eligible countries, you should be able to use the eVisa service:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-/Visitor-e600-visa-online-applications

Hth

Edited by DukeNinja

thanks for the response.

While applying online, there are four options as below:

1) a holiday/visit family or friends

2) a business visit

3) a family sponsored holiday

4) an organized tour from China

Could you please elucidate the difference between point 1 and point 3 ?

Regards,

Henry

thanks for the response.

While applying online, there are four options as below:

1) a holiday/visit family or friends

2) a business visit

3) a family sponsored holiday

4) an organized tour from China

Could you please elucidate the difference between point 1 and point 3 ?

Regards,

Henry

Well which one do you reckon it is? She is visiting her friends and family.........

However if she has already applied for a spouse visa, and is coming from China (as you included the Chinese option I assume thats where she is) they may consider that she is too big a risk of overstaying and may not grant a tourist visa. She won't know till she applies. And she has to apply, not you. Its her visa.

Well which one do you reckon it is? She is visiting her friends and family.........

However if she has already applied for a spouse visa, and is coming from China (as you included the Chinese option I assume thats where she is) they may consider that she is too big a risk of overstaying and may not grant a tourist visa. She won't know till she applies. And she has to apply, not you. Its her visa.

Actually no. Once you have set up an online immigration account you are allowed to use it not just for yourself but for family members. But it is still her visa.

Actually no. Once you have set up an online immigration account you are allowed to use it not just for yourself but for family members. But it is still her visa.

She has to apply,she is the applicant. Its the terminology that needs to be correct-you can certainly fill it in for her but if and when either of you have to deal with DIBP its important that its made clear its her visa and she is the one applying.Thats all. I know it sounds picky but thats how DiBP works. I did all the work applying for my husband's visa but it was still his application and thats the way immigration will view it.

She has to apply,she is the applicant. Its the terminology that needs to be correct-you can certainly fill it in for her but if and when either of you have to deal with DIBP its important that its made clear its her visa and she is the one applying.Thats all. I know it sounds picky but thats how DiBP works. I did all the work applying for my husband's visa but it was still his application and thats the way immigration will view it.

thanks to all of you for the responses.

Let me make it easier for you to understand the situation.

I have skilled nominated 190 visa. She has applied 309 partner visa with a child as dependent. Since it takes a long time to process 309, she is thinking to apply for a visit visa. She is NOT from china. In this case, she has two options:

1) a holiday/visit family or friends.

3) a family sponsored holiday (Note: If opted for this one, I will be the sponsor as I have 190 visa)

She was confused about the pros and cons for applying either one of them (i.e. point 1 or 3 as mentioned above).

Honestly, she is not sure which one is a better option for her.

Thanks in advance for valuable comments.

Cheers,

Henry

thanks to all of you for the responses.

Let me make it easier for you to understand the situation.

I have skilled nominated 190 visa. She has applied 309 partner visa with a child as dependent. Since it takes a long time to process 309, she is thinking to apply for a visit visa. She is NOT from china. In this case, she has two options:

1) a holiday/visit family or friends.

3) a family sponsored holiday (Note: If opted for this one, I will be the sponsor as I have 190 visa)

She was confused about the pros and cons for applying either one of them (i.e. point 1 or 3 as mentioned above).

Honestly, she is not sure which one is a better option for her.

Thanks in advance for valuable comments.

Cheers,

Henry

Well if she's not from China why muddy the waters mentioning the visa for a tour from China!

Without knowing what passport she holds it is impossible to say whether she can just apply for an evisitor or an ETA or whether she would need to produce all the paperwork necessary for a sponsored family visit.

Also without knowing where she is from its impossible to say whether DIBP would view her as an overstay risk. If she is from a high risk country they may not grant a tourist visa at all because of the risk of her and the child not leaving before it expires.