Dependant Child

Siblin!

Good points Ali :) I am not sure that they have to have in their account, only access to it/support as they never asked for it but it may be the case. Re TAFE, 457 courses can be full time as she did year 12 before, aged 19 and on a 457 but it may be different rules if over 21 years.

Thanks for your advice and Input. It's most welcome :)

You really really need professional advice, especially regarding your daughter. Even if you manage toprove dependency now and get her onto a 457 she still won't have PR and unless you are quick she will become to oldto be a dependent (under the recent rule changes) when you go for it.

We we have already been on two previous 457 visas and so we can't get a RRV as no PR. We will still be well within the 50 PR cut off so no problems with a 457 to PR.

I was hoping that there may be an option to cancel our daughter's WHV and enrol her in TAFE. The thing is when her six months is up on her WHV, it will be difficult for her to gain another six month contract and she will then be wholly dependant on us. We have to subsidise her now. She will also have no base back in the UK and no support. She as only 12 when she went to Australia. It's all so messed up and frustrating.

I'm now very confused as I just read elsewhere on here that your family were granted 186 visas.Those are PR.

i think its lovely that you want your kids with you & that they want to be with you. having a close family when my kids grow up is something i hope & pray for. congratulations on achieving something so many people want but miss out on. i hope you find answers to your questions but i would probably just talk to a good agent as has been suggested.

Thanks Booma :)

I cannot imagine how your daughter would be classed as a dependant. I understand you said you paid her flights, rental and are giving her money to live on but that is a choice. If you didn't do that I'd assume she would have stayed in the UK and would be working full time. At her age she is a grown women and as has been said, many people of that age are living away from parents, house sharing etc (as she already is). If she was in the UK working full time she could afford to live in rental accommodation. You could of course choose to give her extra money to live on which is essentially what you are doing now but that isn't the same as her being a dependant of yours. I wish you luck but I don't think it will be the outcome you're hoping for.