Which visa for parents from Pakistan?

Partner

Hi all!

My parents will be visiting Sydney from Pakistan in April 2017. I am planning to apply for their visa from Sydney, but I'm a little confused as to the visa subclass and documents required. If there's anyone out there who has recently applied for a visa on their parents' behalf, please walk me through me through the process. Also let me know how long it took for the visa to be granted.

TIA!

Hi all!

My parents will be visiting Sydney from Pakistan in April 2017. I am planning to apply for their visa from Sydney, but I'm a little confused as to the visa subclass and documents required. If there's anyone out there who has recently applied for a visa on their parents' behalf, please walk me through me through the process. Also let me know how long it took for the visa to be granted.

TIA!

I do not know that there are any regular posters from Pakistan, but somebody might come along with a similar experience. Most of the regular posters are from the UK and do not follow the same process, it is relatively straight forward for a visiting British parent.

I didn't think there were really that many tourist visa options though? Surely it is easy to ascertain which is the correct visa and then you can use http://www.border.gov.au to ascertain what is required for that visa.

I do not know that there are any regular posters from Pakistan, but somebody might come along with a similar experience. Most of the regular posters are from the UK and do not follow the same process, it is relatively straight forward for a visiting British parent.

I didn't think there were really that many tourist visa options though? Surely it is easy to ascertain which is the correct visa and then you can use www.border.gov.au to ascertain what is required for that visa.

I would have thought that the tourist visa was the same whatever your country of origin? We were in Sydney last spring on a tourist visa which we applied for online through http://www.border.gov.au (as bingo has already mentioned.) I can't remember the reference number of the visa but it allows you to stay for three months, is free of charge, and is valid for a year.

I would have thought that the tourist visa was the same whatever your country of origin? We were in Sydney last spring on a tourist visa which we applied for online through www.border.gov.au (as bingo has already mentioned.) I can't remember the reference number of the visa but it allows you to stay for three months, is free of charge, and is valid for a year.

Some countries are not eligible for the evisitor which Brits can get. Some have to have a sponsor before they can visit, with a proper invite and sometimes a bond. These are usually the high risk countries were there is a greater risk of the person overstaing

Some countries are not eligible for the evisitor which Brits can get. Some have to have a sponsor before they can visit, with a proper invite and sometimes a bond. These are usually the high risk countries were there is a greater risk of the person overstaing

Oh I didn't know that. I assumed it was the same for everyone.

Oh I didn't know that. I assumed it was the same for everyone.

No it is quite a complex process for visitors from high risk countries. They probably need sponsorship and have to come up with all kinds of evidence to prove it is a genuine visit. I have, as a manager/employer in Australia had to give references for some of my team members to bring their parents over for a short break.

Hi all!

TIA!

There is only one visa that is likely to meet your requirements, visitor subclass 600. This visa is in several 'streams, one of which is 'family sponsored' that is limited to a 3-month stay and always has he no further stay condition 8503 imposed and sometimes a security bond is called for.

If your parents have adequate funds for the purposed of their proposed visit (preferrably in their own right) and incentive to return to Pakistan before their visas expire, they should be OK.

You have not indicated your immigration status, which could be crucial.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy.