Brickie got vetassess practical date

boogaloo

Guest Rickard Family

Hi Denise just wandered if you've heard anything yet?.....the suspense is killing me...lol

i dread to think what it is doing to you guys....chin up!

Good luck

Lou.

Hi Lou

We're still waiting:wacko: - going doo lally with it all now.

I've contacted our agent and she said if she hasn't heard by the end of the week she will chase Vetassess on Monday - but the thought of still not knowing over the weekend!!!!!!

Perhaps tomorrow :SLEEP:

Speak to you soon

Denise x

Guest scott hogarth

My o/h has bricklaying practical in London on Friday 19 July - anyone else on this one?

Guest FELLA

Hi, my oh(a bricklayer) is also on practical in accrington on 14/7.

just got confirmation in post today, but said there is a practical assessment candidate kit with it but seems to be missing?

Guest Mel.R
Hi, my oh(a bricklayer) is also on practical in accrington on 14/7.

just got confirmation in post today, but said there is a practical assessment candidate kit with it but seems to be missing?

Hi

You have the same date and location as my o/h. we haven't got confirmation in the post yet, so i can't help you there. Sorry.

Mx

Guest tienna

Hi don't worry too much. I was a complete wreck as my man likes to do everything last minute. I did all the paper work and had to nag him alot. we have a very good agent but I have an Australian friend that I work with and she reassured me all the time we were stressing saying how laid back the Aussies are and do things in their own time. Can't wait to be the same. We had completed the assessment by Feb and managed to get the practical in April in Darlington. We did not have a test confirmation through the post everything was sent to our client area and we also called the centre just to double check we were booked in and everything worked out fine. We submitted our full visa application the day before my partners 45th birthday in May, see what I mean about cutting it fine! We've done medicals and sent off police checks now it's just the agonising waiting time. I know it's a very stressful time but don't worry too much everthing will be fine.

Guest tienna

Hi the practical kit can be down loaded from your client area if you have an agent. If not it comprises of a list of the skilled jobs and what tasks you will need to undertake if a builder like my other half constructing archway cavity wall fire place etc. It tells you how the day is planned out and a list of items to take. Wouldn't worry to much about that as I had my O/H kitted out to the nines with ear defenders hard hat safety gloves hi/vis jacket etc didn't use any of them just looked like a child on his first day of school with an over protctive mother. I had a laugh. If you haven't got it yet you can always contact the college in Darlington as they are extremely helpful. Good luck with it I'm sure everthing will be fine we've done it all now just waitin to hear, agonising silence for the next few months.

Guest tigers08

Hi all got the test date for the 17th july in accrington anyone doing theres on that date who is a bricklayer good luck to you all in other trades too .... phil .:smile::jiggy:

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am so pleased you are all passing your praticals as we are just starting our journey and need some guidance.

I have been scouring for a few months now about brickie Vetassess paperwork! My husband has no qualifications but 24 years experience. I have compiled all the info we believe we require, quotes, receipts, photo's, reccommendations etc but now my husband has to write his bit about bricklaying. Was just wondering if anyone could advise me on how much detail we need to put in to this?

Thanks

Is this for the Statutory Declaration? If so we listed all the contracts he has done in the last 4 years with dates, listed all the tools he uses and what he does on a day to day basis.

Hope this helps

Not sure what you mean by Statutory Declaration! We have gone back 6 years because he is a general builder but majority of his work is brickwork. Have shown his trade accounts and bank statements. Did not think of lising tools though, will do that. Just did not want to miss anything out, so if he was doing an extension we would just write in detail from the footings to the roof how he would build it! Or is that too much details?

Thanks

My husband has his own company so apart from providing certificates, apprenticeship papers, accountants reference, client and trade references our agent has asked for a statutory declaration this is a document that has to be witnessed by a solicitor and details what your oh does.

Someone may be able to explain this more clearly for you.

Not sure if a Stat dec needs to be done in all cases.

Michelle

Hi if i was you i would state everything from the basics of bricklaying like how to lay them to the more advanced stuff that you have done including setting out using drawings and so on everything you can think of really as the more info they get the better as for the vetassess practical all we had to do on ours was build a brick and a half pier and set out a cavity corner and build up 11 course with a cut up if you want to discuss it or need any more info let us know and will gladly tell you what i can cheers paul

Hi Loopylas,

I passed the competency bit in the summer and am sitting the bricklaying practical assessment next month. I couldn't get a reference from the bloke I worked for as he didn't like it when I stopped working for him (he went bust when left on his own!). My advice is appoint an agent, they will give you examples of what you need in your stat dec, refereces etc. If you want you can pm me and I'll email you a copy of my successful stat dec that I had to make, it goes into significant detail and is quite complicated to write if you haven't seen one before.

Good luck!

Damo

Archived