The I.E.L.T.S

PrincessGhia

Hi all. Do you HAVE to have the English Language certificate to apply for a visa?? My partner has passed the skills interview and has done his EOI but has seen online something about possibly needing the IELTS. He has 60 points without it but would it be worth him paying the £160 to get it before applying for visas or is it too late now he's submitted his EOI??? Any help appreciated. Thanks xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 60 points though it may be worth doing it. 60 is minimum points requirement, everyone with more points will be ahead of you in the queue. The more points you have, the closer to the front you move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said, the English language test is not a general requirement for passport holders from Canada, US, UK, Republic of Ireland or NZ, unless specified by the skills assessment authority, however individual applicants may need it in order up their visa point tally to meet the points requirement, and to meet specific visa requirements, so it may well be required in individual cases.

Specific circumstances in which the applicant may need an English test include meeting state sponsorship requirements (some states require an English Language test), and the fact that some occupations are not being picked up unless the applicant has 65, or even 70 points.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan