190 visa

Hi there. Looking at applying our EOI after Xmas for a 190 visa to NSW. Passed the skills assessment and able to apply for EOI. Just wondering about the time scales of things. I seem to have it in my head that the EOI comes back after 10 days to which you then have 14 days to apply for visas. Once applied for they are granted and back with you within 3 months and then we have 3 months to activate them! Can anyone confirm that this is correct please? Thanks xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Princess,

Good luck with NSW, their policy is to take the cream of the pool rather than everyone. But one you have an invitation you will have two months to lodge the application. Processing time after that is irregular but a three month wait is quite likely; you would normally then have up to 12 months from the date of your medical and police clearances to validate the visa but recent policy changes seem to have extended that window for general skilled migration applicants. So you were wrong on just about every count, hopefully that's not an omen :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Princess,

Good luck with NSW, their policy is to take the cream of the pool rather than everyone. But one you have an invitation you will have two months to lodge the application. Processing time after that is irregular but a three month wait is quite likely; you would normally then have up to 12 months from the date of your medical and police clearances to validate the visa but recent policy changes seem to have extended that window for general skilled migration applicants. So you were wrong on just about every count, hopefully that's not an omen :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Well explained, George!!!

Sorry to bother you again George , but was wondering how the medical and police check is sorted? Do we have to arrange it or will they recommend Drs to visit for a medical and apply for medical records and police clearance?? Xxx

Sorry to bother you again George , but was wondering how the medical and police check is sorted? Do we have to arrange it or will they recommend Drs to visit for a medical and apply for medical records and police clearance?? Xxx

Police check you do yourself and you can do it online: https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Medicals you have to book at one of the Australian accredited panel physicians: https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/united-kingdom

A reminder to forum members - this section of the forum is for people to ask questions of a migration agent and although your assistance is appreciated, other forum members should not reply to threads.

To be fair, no agent had replied for over a week

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

To be fair, no agent had replied for over a week

Most likely because the OP is asking for step by step instructions on how to do the application themselves, which is not the purpose of the Agent section.

George responded to the initial questions accurately and in good time.

Most likely because the OP is asking for step by step instructions on how to do the application themselves, which is not the purpose of the Agent section.

I agree with you completely. I wasn't trying to have a go at you guys on here, just suggesting why someone else replied. Oops sorry, I shouldn't post here [emoji12]

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Sorry!! I didn't realise that I shouldn't ask lots of questions on how to make the move to Oz. There is lots of conflicting and confusing info out there and so was trying to get things straight in my head. Thanks for all your help folks. X

Archived