Primary (Public) school application - emergency contacts when we don't know anybody??

Serendipity

Hi

We are just completing application forms for the new school that my two children will attend. We have visited, met the Principal, and bar the paperwork, my two children will start a week on Monday. They are very excited.

On the application form it asks for two emergency contact people (not us parents) ideally who are in the locality. We dont know anyone at the moment! Has anyone else else been in this situation and how did you get around it?

Thank you.

Hi

We are just completing application forms for the new school that my two children will attend. We have visited, met the Principal, and bar the paperwork, my two children will start a week on Monday. They are very excited.

On the application form it asks for two emergency contact people (not us parents) ideally who are in the locality. We dont know anyone at the moment! Has anyone else else been in this situation and how did you get around it?

Thank you.

If you don't know anyone you don't know anyone, there is no way to get around it. Put down somebody not in the locality.

Hi

Thank you.

As Bungo says you will need to provide contacts that aren't local in the first instance, you will probably find after a few months you can provide a more suitable contact. It is so unlikely to be used I wouldn't worry too much.

I wouldn't panic - if you have a job, then a friendly co-worker in the first instance might be happy to oblige or if you have a permanent address then maybe a neighbour or if you don't fancy either of them you might suss out whether there are any home carers in your vicinity and ask them if, for a small fee, they would be an emergency contact but chances of it being needed are somewhere between slim and none. Just tell the school what the situation is and they will be aware then if you do make friends in the longer term you can change them