ImmiAccount Document Upload Guide

lilpenguinlost

I recently did my Onshore Partner Visa (820) application using the ImmiAccount website.

Like all of you I found there to be very little documentation on how to go about doing the document upload.

Through reading through forums like this one, I realised that supporting documents have to be uploaded after I submit payment.

Even once I took the plunge and made payment, I found the upload process to be very confusing.

I took lots of screenshots and documented exactly what I did - which I have put together as a guide:

http://partnervisa820uploadguide.neocities.org/

This guide shows the approach I used for categorising my supporting documents for performing the document upload.

I did all document uploads (for myself and for my sponsor) using my ImmiAccount.

My sponsor just had to complete "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300, 309/100,820/801)" via her ImmiAccount.

Note: About 5mins after I made payment, I got the bridging visa (A) - it's automatically sent after payment clears.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Thank you, this is extremely useful - saved to my homescreen! 

I’m looking to start a 309 visa very soon through the immi account. I have a few related questions if you don’t mind...

• I don’t have all my supporting docs ready yet, but at the same time would like to make a start on my application. What can you actually fill in and ‘save’ before actually making a payment and submitting?
  • Related to the above, I assume you can only submit supporting docs once you have paid and submitted an application?
  • Which forms can you essentially complete online, and which forms do you have to print out, fill in, and sign, then scan back in (if any)? I know Form 888s have to be uploaded like the latter, but what about other forms that applicant and sponsor fill in? Are these ‘built in’ to the immi account so you can just do it online?
  • For both applicant and sponsor statements, do these need to be typed out and then uploaded as a document (singular?) or is there a place we just type this in? If the latter, is this just one statement or split into sections?

Thanks so much :)

2 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Is all this information very similar when applying offshore for a partner visa 309/100?

Looks an absolute nightmare!!

I have never done spreadsheets so i would struggle with that!

Not doing ours yet but its great to see what has to be done.

Yes the paperwork for an 820/801 is the same as a 309/100. Its just that one is offshore and one onshore.

You don't need to do any spreadsheets for it.