Form C100 Ex doesn't want our 16yr old to migrate with us

Jordan01

Hi Everyone.

My ex is being difficult and will not allow my 16yr old daughter to migrate with us. Has anyone here been down the route of court regarding a similar case using the C100?

Any advice and time frames would be greatly appreciated as we were due to move around xmas time.

Edited by Jordan01
Spelling

Hi Everyone.

My ex is being difficult and will not allow my 16yr old daughter to migrate with us. Has anyone here been down the route of court regarding a similar case using the C100?

Any advice and time frames would be greatly appreciated as we were due to move around xmas time.

Sorry to hear.

When you say 'us' - who are the other parties involved?

B

Hi Everyone.

From what you have posted, you might not need to use C100. Have you taken professional advice?

Is there room for compromise - like your daughter is allowed to validate her visa but she finishes school education in UK (which, given that she is 16 might be the sensible option anyway) then when she has her A levels she will be free to do Uni in either place. I can see why a parent might object to a change of education systems with just a couple of years to go.

My daughter will finish her GCSE's in June at which point the plan was to enrol her into college for a year to then go to Queensland University to study languages.

My ex has not paid maintenance for years nor contributed to her private school fees (of 5 years) nor has he taken her on holiday - this year she has been to Gran Canaria, China to study Mandarin, Corfu and Paris with us. There is contact but little and irregular.

Have tried to reach a compromise but ex doesn't want to.

My daughter will finish her GCSE's in June at which point the plan was to enrol her into college for a year to then go to Queensland University to study languages.

My ex has not paid maintenance for years nor contributed to her private school fees (of 5 years) nor has he taken her on holiday - this year she has been to Gran Canaria, China to study Mandarin, Corfu and Paris with us. There is contact but little and irregular.

Have tried to reach a compromise but ex doesn't want to.

She will need more than a year in a college to get into Uni. It's a 2 year course if you want decent grades for Uni entry

Hi Everyone.

If you have to issue Court proceedings you wont be able to move at Christmas, you will be lucky to get a first hearing before Xmas!

Have sent you pm

Hi Westley

Thanks for the reply. We are seeing a solicitor this week so hopefully they can advise if it would be necessary to use the C100 route.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to be clear about the applicable Australian regulations and with this information in hand, consult local solicitor who has family law experience?