About 457 nomination & visa application lodgement timeline

kieu

Dear all,

I would like to ask if it helps CO to confirm his/her decision if a 457 visa application is lodged before the nomination is approved?

My situation is my boss lodged the nomination application in late May and received a request for more information in late June; we then have been waiting until now. My boss did not pass me the TRN as he is used to having the visa application lodgement only after the nomination is approved.

The thing is, I read the following latest newsletter update on an agency website:

Processing times and changes to caseload allocation

The Department is undertaking a number of steps in an effort to reduce processing times. Under one such initiative, 457 processing will move to a “global allocation model” across the Department’s five processing centres. Associated nominations and visa applications will be allocated to one case officer at the same time. This is a move designed to improve consistency of decision-making as well as improving efficiency.

So I wonder will nominations without relevant visa application noted are being put aside until the IMMI receives it, so that the CO can assess the case with all information at once. Grateful for your advice and comments.

Many thanks,

kieu