register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

kieu

About 457 nomination & visa application lodgement timeline

Dear all,

I would like to ask if it helps CO to confirm his/her decision if a 457 visa application is lodged before the nomination is approved?

My situation is my boss lodged the nomination application in late May and received a request for more information in late June; we then have been waiting until now. My boss did not pass me the TRN as he is used to having the visa application lodgement only after the nomination is approved.

The thing is, I read the following latest newsletter update on an agency website:

Processing times and changes to caseload allocation

The Department is undertaking a number of steps in an effort to reduce processing times. Under one such initiative, 457 processing will move to a “global allocation model” across the Department’s five processing centres. Associated nominations and visa applications will be allocated to one case officer at the same time. This is a move designed to improve consistency of decision-making as well as improving efficiency.

So I wonder will nominations without relevant visa application noted are being put aside until the IMMI receives it, so that the CO can assess the case with all information at once. Grateful for your advice and comments.

Many thanks,

kieu

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

DIBP will process the nomination regardless of whether the visa application has been lodged already.

186 ENS Temporary Residence Transition - Granted Dec 2013 :biggrin:

DIBP will process the nomination regardless of whether the visa application has been lodged already.

Thank you, MaggieMay24.

Hi everyone here's my timeline

Nomination approved :13th oct

Additional documents requested for my visa :20th oct

Document submitted :26th oct

When will I get my response now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ShaunR6883
        Hi guys
        Myself and my family have been on 457 visa's for almost 3 years. Last year I had to get my son a new passport from the UK as his old one was due to run out.
        We never informed the immigration department of the new passport as we assumed that the 457 visa details would transfer automatically.
        In March this year I applied for 186 sponsored visa's and I put my son's new passport details in.
        Have I done wrong in assuming that the 457 visa would automatically transfer onto the new one?
        I am worried now as I'm not sure how I would go about changing this. I still have his old passport.
        Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
        Regards
        Shaun
      • By Friday.Nov
        Hi
        Are there any restrictions on 457 visa?
        My agent told me that I can only leave 28 days?
        However, I can't find any rules about this.
        I have to go back to my country for about 3~6 months, cuz my grandmother is very ill and my family wants me to stay with her. 

Need some advice, help!
        Thanks very much.
      • By Raul Senise
        More details about grandfathering arrangements for people who held or applied for a subclass 457 before 18 April 2017:

"People who held, or had applied for, a subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017 will be able to access certain existing provisions under the Temporary Residence Transition stream:
        - occupation requirements remain the same (i.e. there are no restrictions as long as the nominee continues to work in the same position for the same employer as approved for their subclass 457 visa);
        - the age requirement will remain at less than 50 years of age; and
        - the work experience requirement, and the requirement to have worked at least two out of the three years prior to nomination on a subclass 457, will remain at two years."

• By 1denno
        Are all assies  barking mad or is it just me been here 4 weeks and hate it miss everything about uk I can’t get a job as  have to pay 1500 aud to result a test for a job I’ve been doing for over 35 years prob know more than them about the job  bee looking at flights home 
      • By Pickles67
        Hi there,
        I am holding 457 visa for 2 years and 2 weeks. My employer told me that they can't nominate me yet because regulations are changed, immigration doesn't process the current applications and they also need to apply for new certificate or licence to be able sponsor more people or nominate me, because since regulations are changed, they are not compliment anymore. This is what I understood; not exact word. So they want to hold my nomination until march. Is this legal? Do I have to wait?
        thanks