Renewing Child Passport (British)

fossda

This is probably a really stupid question (but am on night shift so maybe a bit meh !) :SLEEP:

Just trying to renew my sons UK passport from Aus - all good but as I have to send a photo of him, someone needs to countersign the photo which is fine but as I am signing the actual form as he's a child - does the other professional person just sign his photo with " I declare this is a true likeness ... etc" Do they have to mention me on the photo anywhere ?? Argh - I just can't get my head round it, probably after a nights sleep I could but I need to get this done ASAP.

Really appreciate someone to clarify (I cant even seem to make out what the passport office page says)

Can you apply for a british passport whilst in Australia and pay for it with an Australian Credit Card?

Yes, all done online, then you just print and submit the form, old passport and signed photos. Really easy. We just did my sons and it was here 3 weeks after we posted the paperwork.

Yes, all done online, then you just print and submit the form, old passport and signed photos. Really easy. We just did my sons and it was here 3 weeks after we posted the paperwork.

We had to renew my sons earlier this year. Again, very easy. It makes it a little quicker if you get another UK passport holder to countersign it (EU and Commonwealth are permitted too) but it's surprising the number of Australians who also hold a UK passport (and the number of Brits who let their UK passport lapse once they have an Australian passport). The only nause was colour copying my sons entire Australian passport.

Edited by Croft

This is probably a really stupid question (but am on night shift so maybe a bit meh !) :SLEEP:

Just trying to renew my sons UK passport from Aus - all good but as I have to send a photo of him, someone needs to countersign the photo which is fine but as I am signing the actual form as he's a child - does the other professional person just sign his photo with " I declare this is a true likeness ... etc" Do they have to mention me on the photo anywhere ?? Argh - I just can't get my head round it, probably after a nights sleep I could but I need to get this done ASAP.

Really appreciate someone to clarify (I cant even seem to make out what the passport office page says)

Where they sign the form you're referred to but not on the back of the photograph (truth is there's not enough space).

I've never heard of anyone being asked to do that before (they normally just want the photograph page). What was the reason?

It's on the passport application form. All pages need to be copied including all visa pages. It's been like that for the last couple of years since the process was centralised in the UK.