tabitha10

Hi everyone,

Im just starting out and hit a wall already... so im hoping i can get a bit of info.

I have worked in IT within the gaming industry for 5 years now with the same company.

I would just like to know would i come under :[TABLE=width: 597]

[TR]

[TD]Computer Network and Systems Engineer[/TD]

[TD]263111[/TD]

[TD]ACS[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How am i supposed to go for an assessment without knowing this?

Hoping someone can shed some light for me.

thanks

sorry not too sure where this should be entered??:arghh:

No one can tell you without knowing what you actually do.

Look at the requirements to pass the assessment. If you feel you can demonstrate and prove you meet most of the duties and have the qualifications and experience stated then you need to submit to assessment.

Check all the likely job titles and go for the one you feel you ensemble most closely in what you actually do. Don't get caught up with job titles look at the duties, qualifications and experience required

Hi everyone,

Im just starting out and hit a wall already... so im hoping i can get a bit of info.

I have worked in IT within the gaming industry for 5 years now with the same company.

[TR]

[TD]263111[/TD]

[TD]ACS[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

thanks

The information about IT skills assessments that you need is on the ACS website, or you might consult a registered migration agent for advice on your skills assessment prospects and your overall visa prospects.

Hi everyone,

[TR]

[TD]263111[/TD]

[TD]ACS[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

thanks

If you do not know what occupation you come under then a group of random strangers on the internet certainly won't know. You need to read the job descriptions or consult a migration agent who could go through it with you.

Hi everyone,

[TR]

[TD]263111[/TD]

[TD]ACS[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

thanks

I take it you have read through the ANZSCO occupation descriptions? https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf

It is so detailed that just reading through the duties of each occupation you can easily determine your title.

By the way, my job title on my employment contract (Developer) was different to my nominated ANZSCO occupation. This is because all my employment duties perfectly matched the duties under a different ANZSCO description (for me, Systems Analyst). I received a positive ACS skills assessment really fast. You don't need to worry if your job title on your contract is under a different name as long as you have evidence (reference) that your employment duties match the duties of your nominated occupation.

I really suggest you have a word with your manager/supervisor. I told my manager about my plans and he has been so supportive and excited for me. We even went through the ANZSCO descriptions together before concluding I come under a Systems Analyst. It also gives him a good understanding of what needs to be included in the supporting ACS reference :)