How to move to the UK

marenmatt1

Earlier this year my husband and I had planned on moving to the UK unfortunately due to personal reasons we had to push our move date back. Then brexit happened. Unfortunately as a dual aus & eu citizen I had been planning on getting in that way now that doesn't really seem possible.

Anyone who has gone down the spouse visa route was it easy/ hard? Am reading lots of different requirements needed & unsure whether we can provide all that. I am also sadly one generation off getting the ancestry visa too. Also does anyone know of any qualified people who help with spouse visas in Brisbane as am having no luck with searches so far.

Thank you in advance for any help :cute:

Unfortunately am reading differing stories on this with some saying I'll be asked to leave as soon as article 50 is announced due to arriving so recent. Also if it is 2 years then it still puts me in a predicament as I'll have to apply for a visa then or leave. If it was just my husband & I are not such a huge problem but we are shipping our stuff & pet with us.

Unfortunately am reading differing stories on this with some saying I'll be asked to leave as soon as article 50 is announced due to arriving so recent. Also if it is 2 years then it still puts me in a predicament as I'll have to apply for a visa then or leave. If it was just my husband & I are not such a huge problem but we are shipping our stuff & pet with us.

There are no stories to believe. At the moment we are members of the EU and will remain so until the end of exit negotiations. Article 50 trigger does not mean we leave the EU it is simply the point at which the UK government gives formal intent that the UK intends to leave and the point at which negotiations can commence.

While it is true the UK government have not stated people from the EU can stay, it seems very unlikely that they would be asked to leave - if not impossible as some areas are now largely eastern European. For example, I lived near Slough until recently and most of the advertising, shop front and things are all in Polish. Even if it looked like that might occur, you could then submit a spouse visa.