457 Visa Delay - Very Concerned

Hi guys,

I was looking for some advice through experience if possible. I am getting very worried about the length of time for my visa processing.

I will give you the background. I am moving from the UK, with my partner and my partners son who was adopted by my partner. So we have applied for 457 supplying the evidence of our defacto relationship.

The application was lodged on 30th March 2016

We received an information request for this application on 4th May 2016 which asked for:

• a marriage certificate
  • birth certificate for secondary applicant

On the same day as the request a ‘note to case officer’ was uploaded in response which stated that:

• The application clearly states the relationship between the applicant and secondary applicant as defacto and evidence was provided, neither are married
  • The secondary applicant is adopted and an adoption certificate was supplied showing his birth date, and secondary applicant as the sole parent/custodian

On the 30th July, the SBS and my nomination were approved. Since that date my agent has been constantly chasing for my 457 approval and the following response keeps getting sent:

Thank you for contacting the Department of Immigration and Border Protection about your 457 visa application. Certain necessary checks are in progress but please be assured that we will finalise your application as soon as it is within our power to do so and we thank you for your patience in the meantime.

This is the same response for the last 2 months, as of today I have been waiting for over 6 months and over 2 months from nomination approval. Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening? My work colleague is also getting sponsored by our company, our nominations were approved on the same day and his 457 was approved 2 weeks later, however mine has taken a long time and is causing great worry to me and my family.

Thanks in advance for your help.

from my own personal experience and current waiting times and that your application is slightly more complex, adopted son by your partner and not married will require more administration tasks, for example than a standard application.

That being said your timeline isn't currently much different to mine and I am a single male no kids or partner, onshore and already employed by the potential sponsor and mines around 6.5 months and still is in progress (2.5 Months since visa application lodged) Every day I hope i get the email but nothing so I just have to wait easier as I am working here and now.

All you can do is wait my friend and it will come.. Good Luck ;)

We received an information request for this application on 4th May 2016 which asked for:

• a marriage certificate

• birth certificate for secondary applicant

On the same day as the request a ‘note to case officer’ was uploaded in response which stated that:

• The secondary applicant is adopted and an adoption certificate was supplied showing his birth date, and secondary applicant as the sole parent/custodian

That statement doesn't make sense. The "secondary applicant" is your de facto partner. That statement says he is adopted, and that he's his own parent/custodian.

Did you supply the secondary applicant's birth certificate as requested?

That statement doesn't make sense. The "secondary applicant" is your de facto partner. That statement says he is adopted, and that he's his own parent/custodian.

It does make sense, I am the primary applicant, this makes persons 1 & 2 Secondary applicants.

Yes this was supplied although it wasn't required.

It does make sense, I am the primary applicant, this makes persons 1 & 2 Secondary applicants.

Yes this was supplied although it wasn't required.

OK. I assume the original document stated the names in each case so you knew what it meant. Reading it without the names, there was no way to know which secondary applicant they'd asked about.

Archived