HELP: How to apply for a TFN while still in UK???????

Guest Nom&Nat

Guest Nom&Nat

Hello

Can anyone tell me if its possible and how to apply for a Tax File Number (TFN) while still living in UK?? My visa status is Permanent Resident and has been validated. How long does the proces take? Costs? Paper work required? Does paperwork have to be sent to Oz or a Consulate in London? PLEASE HELP..........................

Regards

Nom

Hello

Can anyone tell me if its possible and how to apply for a Tax File Number (TFN) while still living in UK?? My visa status is Permanent Resident and has been validated. How long does the proces take? Costs? Paper work required? Does paperwork have to be sent to Oz or a Consulate in London? PLEASE HELP..........................

Regards

Nom

Hi I dis mine,hubby and 17yr old son's via the internet when we got here mine took 3 weeks hubby phoned for his and they gave it to him over the phone. I believe you can apply for it over the internet before you come ( am sure some one will correct me if im wrong .

regards Sue

You need an Australian address to register/send it too. Do it online once you get here, really not worth worrying about till then I don't think. They'll give you an application ref no when you apply and all ours arrived with a week or so of arrival.

Lyn

We did the same as Lyn, arrived within ten days. If you (or anyone reading this) are going to be self employed, you'll need an ABN (Australian Business Number) too, which is also done online, and given to you online immediately.

Jo x

Guest mandy1

Hi Nom

You will need to apply for a TFN once you get here as you will need an Australian address to have it sent to. It is very easy you just go to the tax website and fill in a few details (name passport number visa number etc..) & they send your number out to you in the post. I think ours took about 10 days to receive.

Mandy x

Guest Nom&Nat

Hello folks and thanks for the info. I should have added in my original post that the reasond I rtequire a TFN is because we rent out a wee property in Qld and will have to fill up a tax return form which I am not looking forward to........................Arghhhhhhhhhh lol. Has anyone on here done similar???

Cheers

Nom & Nat

Archived