2nd Working Holiday Visa

rhersbach

In 2012 I did plantation work on Norfolk Island, which is part of NSW. I was working on my 1st Working Holiday Visa.

After finishing my 1st WHV I wanted to apply for a 2nd, but unfortunately the immigration website showed regional postcodes to 2898 were valid. Norfolk Islands postcode is 2899, hence I was not able to apply for a 2nd working holiday visa.

When I checked the immigration website today, it shows regional postcodes to 2899 are valid for a 2nd WHV.

1. Is Norfolk Island now included for a 2nd WHV?

2. Having worked under the old legislation, does my work count for the new rules?

3. Does this mean I can apply for a 2nd Working Visa?

Regards,

René

In 2012 I did plantation work on Norfolk Island, which is part of NSW. I was working on my 1st Working Holiday Visa.

After finishing my 1st WHV I wanted to apply for a 2nd, but unfortunately the immigration website showed regional postcodes to 2898 were valid. Norfolk Islands postcode is 2899, hence I was not able to apply for a 2nd working holiday visa.

When I checked the immigration website today, it shows regional postcodes to 2899 are valid for a 2nd WHV.

1. Is Norfolk Island now included for a 2nd WHV?

2. Having worked under the old legislation, does my work count for the new rules?

3. Does this mean I can apply for a 2nd Working Visa?

Regards,

René

Well there are no restrictions on *applying* for visas. I would just do it and see what happens.

Guest The Pom Queen
Some agencies say it is possible, other says it can't. I am preparing docs for the application and will submit asap. Will notify the outcome on this thread.

Good luck, we will keep our fingers crossed

Can someone please answer this question:

- Having worked under the old legislation, does my work count for the new rules?

My previous employer says he thinks it does not count. Because in the old system (before 1 July 2016) Norfolk Island had it's own taxation system; there was no income tax. There was also no super annuation. If you were unemployed you would get no money; hence there was no unemployment.

I got paid in cash during my work on Norfolk Island.

Now, after the 1 July 2016 changes, Norfolk Islanders DO have to pay taxes and get super annuation. Maybe that's why Norfolk Island is now included?

Because of these reasons my previous employer thinks I am not eligible for a 2nd Working holiday visa.

Can someone please answer this question:

- Having worked under the old legislation, does my work count for the new rules?

My previous employer says he thinks it does not count. Because in the old system (before 1 July 2016) Norfolk Island had it's own taxation system; there was no income tax. There was also no super annuation. If you were unemployed you would get no money; hence there was no unemployment.

I got paid in cash during my work on Norfolk Island.

Now, after the 1 July 2016 changes, Norfolk Islanders DO have to pay taxes and get super annuation. Maybe that's why Norfolk Island is now included?

Because of these reasons my previous employer thinks I am not eligible for a 2nd Working holiday visa.

Perhaps just phone or email them directly mate? good luck with your plans

Calling DIBP is hopeless. There is a minimum 1 hour cue, and many times they tell you that all information can be found on their website. I went to the office of DIBP, and they also said I should check the website or call them.

Unfortunately I am unable to find this specific situation on the website of DIBP...

Calling DIBP is hopeless. There is a minimum 1 hour cue, and many times they tell you that all information can be found on their website. I went to the office of DIBP, and they also said I should check the website or call them.

Unfortunately I am unable to find this specific situation on the website of DIBP...

DIBP call centre and front office staff will only know the answers to very general questions. They also will not suggest alternatives, its not their role and thy are not allowed to give advice as they are not registered or trained to. If you have a complex and/or specific query you need to talk to an agent, NOT to DIBP.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived