457 Childcare sponsorship Jobs

Robby 10

Hi,

Can anyone help, I have a level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Peoples Workforce and have attended many professional development courses through my local council. I work part time at the moment as the settings SENDCO and behavioral practitioner in the UK.

I have been looking online for 457 visa sponsorship jobs in various locations. My concern is when I look further into the requirements it says you need to have the right to work in Australia, does this mean I already need to be living there and have the visa or they are registered to apply for your visa from scratch? Feeling confused.

:confused:

Edited by Robby 10

I didn't think that childcare workers were on the CSOL. I think only teachers and centre managers are there.

If that's the case - and you're neither a centre manager nor teacher - then you cannot be sponsored for a 457.

And, yes, when an ad states that you must have the right to work in Australia, then it means you must already hold a valid visa (or be a citizen).

To get a visa to work in Australia, you must have an occupation that's on the list.

There are two lists, the SOL and the CSOL.

If your job is on the SOL, then you can apply for a permanent visa, move out to Australia and look for a job when you get there.

If your job is on the CSOL, then you can't just move out to Australia - you have to find an employer to sponsor you (a 457).

Unfortunately if your job isn't on either list, then you can't get a visa and you can't move to Australia. If you're under 30, you can get a Working Holiday Visa which would let you work there for a year, and that's well worth doing.

Have a look at the Regional Sponsor Migration 187 visa, if you can get a company to sponsor you as a childcare group leader than you can go down this route.

There is no such occupation as a "childcare group leader" on the ANZCO list of occupations as far as I can tell. What Colee do you have for it?

Guest Unregistered

If your able to look at my previous threads you will see on there. It's on the RSMS list I know 2 people who have just been sponsored as childcare group leader and have gained the 187 visa through the direct entry stream. If you can see my other posts you will see all the information on there from immigration agents

If your able to look at my previous threads you will see on there. It's on the RSMS list I know 2 people who have just been sponsored as childcare group leader and have gained the 187 visa through the direct entry stream. If you can see my other posts you will see all the information on there from immigration agents

Yes your only option is a 187 rsms sponsorship as a group leader. Took just under 8 months to obtain mine onshore. Finding a sponsor was easy enough

Can I ask what process you used to gain your sponsorship? Did you just send your CV direct to the centres or did you use a recruitment agency? What was the interview process like? My friend has been sponsored by Goodstart Early Learning so I think I'm going to start with them

Sorry to jump on this post but I am also looking at coming over next year and thought that the only visa I can have is the working holiday visa is this correct? I have a Cache Diploma Level 3 in Childcare and Education. As far as I could tell the WHV was the only one available to me as my occupation isn't on the lists but have now seen this post and unsure if I am correct.

There is a RSMS occupation list which has childcare group leader on it. You have to find an employer willing to sponsor you and you can then apply for the 187 visa. The conditions are that you stay with the employer for 2 years and they are based in a regional area, but you do gain permanent residency straight away. If your just looking at going over on a temporary basis the working holiday visa might be best and you can always look for sponsorship when there. Or if your looking at a more permanent move then the 187 visa might be best.

Thanks, I will have to look into it, do you have to have the experience in the job like you do for the other visas? As I have the qualifications in the UK but don't have the experience. Originally I wanted to go for atleast a year-2 years but looking to become more permanent but as I couldn't go on the other visas I was looking at just doing the WHV as it was all that seemed to be available to me to get over and work.

There's is no specification on the amount of years work experience you need for the visa so it's really down to what experience the employer would be looking for. You have to be level 3 qualified to see if your qualification is the level 3 equivalent in Australia there is a list on the ACECQA website, if your qualification is not listed on there you have to apply to have your qualifications assessed to see what level you are. You normally have to do this before employers will consider you for a job. I'm going to start the process next year as I want to complete my early years foundation degree before we go. Also I don't know if your going alone or with family but for the 187 visa for myself, husband and daughter is around £3500 so something else to think about. Let me know how you get on

I imagine you are looking at the general skilled occupation list, RSMS have a separate occupation list and its on there. Have a read of this link http://www.themigrationplace.com/2015/07/16/child-care-group-leaders-needed-in-regional-australia/ The article was written in 2015 but I contacted a migration agent a couple of weeks ago to see if there had been any changes and they confirmed its still on the list

This is Robby10s wife Jane. Thanks for that,

Who did you get your sponsorship through, I don't know where to begin.

I would just start getting his CV out there, look at job websites to see what centres are looking and apply to them asking if they offer sponsorship. But like I've said before probably best to get the qualifications assessed first as the employers will want to know what level he is