British Backpacker Stabbed in Hostel near Townsville

Guest The Pom Queen

The individual has been charged now anyway and for sure sounds like an obsession based crime. As for the arabic chant so many people these days seem to want to hear what they want to hear and maybe not what was actually said. Even if what was said was actually said does not mean a common phrase in the arab or islamic world makes everyone there a terrorist and if said in this case more likely said for effect, although none of us here were there so these are just opinions much like the press reports.

Of course it is. Some on here though, one in particular, sees it as terrorism every time the phrase is uttered. It could just as likely be used when making love.

I would think anyone who stabbed someone to death as severe mental health issues

Well you would be wrong.

If that was true no one who ever murdered anyone else would ever go to jail, they would all be put in psychiatric institutions.

Edited by parleycross

Well you would be wrong.

If that was true no one who ever murdered anyone else would ever go to jail, they would all be put in psychiatric institutions.

Well actually on this occasion The Queen is not wrong. It was not premeditated murder. A complete loss of self control, resulting in the outcome that followed, is certainly a mental health issue.

By the way, you should rejoice. He is likely to do more time in confinement than a run of the mill murderer.

I just read a really nice post on Facebook about how instead of thinking about the murderer, we should remember the name of the young man who tried to save her. Tom Jackson.

I found out tonight that he worked on herm island like I did but he was the year before me, same time as my friend. I feel so sorry for both families. I really hope he makes it but if he doesn't then they should be really proud of him. :(

Of course it is. Some on here though, one in particular, sees it as terrorism every time the phrase is uttered. It could just as likely be used when making love.

Yep, if he'd been Christian and said 'oh god, oh god oh god' as he killed her would terrorism have been cited? I think not.

But of course he wasn't, and we never hear of that happening.

Never happens? Christian warriors attacking and killing at abortion clinics in The States. Those that have claimed God was speaking to them as reason they committed a horrid event. Of course it happens. Right wing nut jobs that use whatever religion they happen to fall under in order to endorse actions are all in the same school and difficult to impossible to control.

This case was none of the above.

Yep, if he'd been Christian and said 'oh god, oh god oh god' as he killed her would terrorism have been cited? I think not.

Of course not. Some are fixated in terrorism and want to will it on every event. Which means every clown and hard core anti social deviant can play from the same hymn book to an ever expecting chorus.