State sponsorship - when to chase up & how long did it take you?

ABG

Hi all. I applied for State sponsorship (190 visa) from Victoria on 2 May. Apart from the acknowledgement email, haven't heard anything from them. I've got 2 questions. When should I chase them up? They said in the acknowledgement that it can take up to 12 weeks; is that 12 weeks from filing or 12 from acknowledgement?

Second question is more general: how long did it take you to get State sponsorship and is anyone else still waiting impatiently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANZSCO 132511 - Research and Development Manager. Unfortunately its only on the CSOL, and only VIC and SA are sponsoring. When I sent in my application I was on 75 points, but in the 12 weeks I've been waiting I've ticked over to 80 as I can now claim 8+ years relevant work experience (Vetassess credited me with 7.8 years). On the plus side, I think I now qualify for SA high-point scorers (SA only sponsoring that occupation for high scorers) soif things don't go well with VIC I have a plan B, but my brother and step-sister are both going to Melbourne so would be a pity if I don't get in there too. As 12 working weeks is up today, think I'll email them to see if that 'greases the wheels'

Holy **** 80 points?! They should snap you up! :)

I think the caveat they have "Must have experience in the Science industry. Must have experience in the complete product life cycle." might be slowing the process down.

When I looked at this for someone else I thought that was a very vague definition, I couldn't even work out what a "science industry" was using a google search (I can guess, but definitions are usually tighter than guesswork). It would mean they'd need to assess your work, the nature of your industry, and whether you had experience of the complete product life cycle...

I'd still call them though...

Thanks for the advice. I'm in life science, drug development, and have worked from discovery, pre-clinical, clinical, product launch and supply chain (we're a small company with one product in the market and 2 nearing launch that I have been involved in all from conception to launch). Really thought I ticked the boxes, especially with Victoria positioning itself as the biotech capital of Australia! I'll give them a call on Monday as I'm sure everyone has left for the weekend already

We are going a similar route (more than likely 80 points) on an Education Professional application.

The process itself is flagged as taking 12 weeks....I would say 12 weeks from supplying everything correctly and getting some sort of acknowledgement of same.

Will be watching this tread very closely, as another poster mentioned, I think they'd be missing an opportunity not to snap you up!

Keep us posted!

B