TRA,23 YEARS EXP IN MY TRADE,BUT NO QUALIFICATIONS ON PAPER

Guest pete the pom

Guest pete the pom

hi there

applying for a 136 visa, got the points and on skill in demand list.

ive been in my chosen profession for over 23 years,but did no formal college courses etc,i learnt from the old school and probably better form of teaching ..one on one everyday out there doing the job hands on type!

i now have my own business in the commercial sector of the market and have a long list of clients who i do work for and am also a member of the trade body that represents my trade in the uk,ive been vetted by them and passed there criteria too.

the TRA is asking for certificates and other proof of my training on the application form,how have other people in my position gone about getting over this problem when faced with it..i have a few thoughts on this,yours would be greatly appreciated,i can supply refernces from contract manangers and directors of the companys i work for no problem and also get a letter of reference from the trade body im a member of...any other suggestions?

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Pete

Have a look at the TRA form and it outlines what you need for the application as a self employed person. You need to build the story of your experience.

When you complete the Statutory declaration, get as much support as you can for the content. Given that you have 23 years experience, you should be able to get people to verify your background, skills and trade.

The TRA will look at the whole package and assess whether what you are documenting is supported by verifiable evidence - references from third parties are a good way to support the trade skills if you do not have formal cerificates etc.

Regards

Guest pete the pom

thanks ever so much for that phil,much appreciated!.

ill get on with the task of references this week,and contacting my suppliers and trade bodys to sort out references etc,

regards

pete

Archived