Application for migration to Australia by a partner

unzippy

Hello

I'm in teh middle of filling out the above online form and have a few questions.

Page 7

"Contact details for second stage permanent visa"

Second Stage is what happens once I've been in Aus for 2 years correct? However they are asking me for an address - I have no idea what this will be in two years.

Should I put down a UK family member address?

More questions to come I'm sure as I get further into the form!

Hello

I'm in teh middle of filling out the above online form and have a few questions.

Page 7

Second Stage is what happens once I've been in Aus for 2 years correct? However they are asking me for an address - I have no idea what this will be in two years.

As far as I know you have to keep Immigration informed of your whereabouts anyway when you are on a temporary visa, so we just put our current address and updated our file using form 929 when we moved.

Hello

Page 7

You can always update your address via form 929 or online. No worries they do not expect you not to move around

You are still supposed to keep them updated with your actual address- its a condition of the visa.

That is not true. 820 comes with NIL conditions. 309 SOMETIMES comes with Condition 8502 (The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.), besides the usual "must make first entry before" condition, but partner visas never come with a condition to keep immigration updated with your address.

If an 820 is granted, then an 801 application is in place.

Here is my advice to clients:

[TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]You must let us know promptly if you change your address or other contact details, we MUST let the DIBP know if applicants change their residential address for fourteen consecutive days or longer during the processing of a visa application. The requirement to notify us about changes to contact details and other particulars applies to all visa applicants and sponsors. If adverse consequences follow because we, or other parties, are unable to contact you we will accept no liability for these consequences.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

That is not true. 820 comes with NIL conditions. 309 SOMETIMES comes with Condition 8502 (The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.), besides the usual "must make first entry before" condition, but partner visas never come with a condition to keep immigration updated with your address.

Thats a new change then. My grant letter years ago for an 820 stated I had to keep them informed, and my husband's more recent letter for a 309 stated that he must keep them informed. In fact if I had not kept them informed I would never have received the paperwork for the 801 as it was sent by mail.

Even the Partner Booklet still states

If you change your residential address for longer than 14 days while your partner category visa applicationis being processed, you must tell the department.

Perhaps you could ask immigration to update their booklet?

Archived