Yikes

Guest Tim

It got a bit wild down here in Port Kennedy but not the worse I`ve seen it,(You had it real bad in Rockingham) though the tree outside our bedroom window was making some ominous creaking noises. The weird thing is the way it dies off then comes back with avengence. I do get a bit nervous over here with the weather and tend to move everything that might come flying through the window, then sit there with the blinds & curtains closed, though what good that does me when peoples sheds are going flying down the street I don`t know!!!

I am the same - but have the attitude - if its suppoesed to it is supposed to be. Funnily enough the tornado that hit this morning was pretty much near where the tornado hit last year also. Sods law. I think it was worse this year tho.

Every year there always seems to be some one here that gets their roof roipped of by the storms. not too sure whether it is bad workmanship or really down to the bad weather. i suspect amixture of both! I didn't think it was that bad and I am about 500metres from where the devastation was.

Someone on tv was saying they area is known as tornado alley, the one that hit last year I remember very well because it was our first Aussie storm, we lived at the top end of Warnbro at the time and missed the worst of it. What is weird is the way you can track the storms path by the state of the roofs and yet the house next door might be untouched. I have noticed that there seems to be no middle ground here with the weather, you don`t just get a wee bit drizzle, you get a torrential downpour or you have drought.:nah:

Archived