fully qualified bricklayer

Guest billy braveheart

Guest billy braveheart

Hi hope someone can give us a bit of advice.Has anyone heard of an rsms visa which basically the employer sponsors you to get permanent visa,thing is how do you get the employer without being in oz???We are hoping to move as soon as poss after july 07 I am a bricklayer with 28 yrs experience and we are looking to move to Lismore NSW area hoping someone can fill me in Thanks BB(and family) ps ,brilliant site you have here

Guest Lamb Chop Lassie

Hi Billy,

All tradesman are in short supply in Oz.

Try looking on http://www.imi.gov.au for visa's.

there is a new one 457 which is where an employer can bring in someone to do a job with skills, like yourself, and after 12 months you can I think apply for permanent residence status and of course bring family with you at time of migrating.

Maybe this is the one you are asking about?

All states have this shortage.

I live in Tasmania and it is a beautiful Island State, lot like England used to be.

Many mainlanders are movjng down here as homes are a lot cheaper to buy currently, and we have trades people vacancies coming out of our ears here mate.

As well as building trades, plumbers and electricians are in short supply for all home work, have to wait weeks not days to get someone to come.

All subcontracting on building homes but not on commerical construction which maybe where you are heading? If 457 anyway as if coming out to set up own business as tradesman or subbie on new homes, different visa but still need the skills.

Hope that helps.

Samantha.

PS I have worked in new homes and have done TAFE Certificate courses in building and construction.

Guest billy braveheart

Hi Lamb chop,thank you for the reply,i have sent my cv to agent as he says he will distribute it among prospective employers,as thats the way i need to go given the fact that i turned 45 today (bummer)lol the only way i can now get in to oz is with the rsms visa option aparently. so fingers crossed ,or if anyone here knows of a builders co looking for a time served bricklayer with 28 years experience id love to here from them lol Thank you

• 9 years later...
Hi,

Did you ever find a sponsor? I'm looking to relocate as soon as possible. ill also need a sponsor for a 457 visa. can you give me any information? any would help. thanks, Gerry

The OP hasn't been on the site for 8 years, so I would consider it unlikely you will get a reply. Is there a reason you are looking for a sponsor rather than skilled migration as bricklayer is available for skilled migration.

The OP hasn't been on the site for 8 years, so I would consider it unlikely you will get a reply. Is there a reason you are looking for a sponsor rather than skilled migration as bricklayer is available for skilled migration.

Skilled Worker migration takes on average 12 months process from what I've read that's what I gather. And I am hoping to get there much sooner than that. Than while I'm Australia , decide to get residency or not.

What do you reckon?

skilled worker migration takes on average 12 months process from what i've read that's what i gather. And i am hoping to get there much sooner than that. Than while i'm australia , decide to get residency or not.

What do you reckon?

think you will find you have to go through the long process all skilled workers go through'

Skilled Worker migration takes on average 12 months process from what I've read that's what I gather. And I am hoping to get there much sooner than that. Than while I'm Australia , decide to get residency or not.

What do you reckon?

Getting a permanent visa can be a fair bit quicker than that. Easily within 9 months. Getting sponsorship can easily take that - if at all. Most brickies are self employed, so not eligible for sponsorship.

There are a lot of issues with sponsorship. First, it is only temporary and tied to the employer, so lose your job and you only have 90 days to find another sponsor or leave the country.

Bricklayer has has been on and off the list over the years. At the moment it is on the SOL, but, it could easily come off again.

Huge shortage of bricklayers and subcontractors here in every state . I would never hire a Bricky having to go through sponsorship and don't know of any Aussie contractors who have. Maybe a Brit subbie might I don't know. I would take very stormys advice. Work isn't drying up a time soon.

Archived