Nurse with questions...

NicNox85

Dear All....

My name is Nicola

I qualified as a Nurse in 2012 from the University of Surrey with a Diploma in Nursing in Higher Education. I have experience working with the elderly and patients suffering from Dementia. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice on how to proceed.

Is it beneficial to do things in the following order:

1) Apply for the Visa

2) Sit the IELTS Exam

3)Apply for Registration with ANMAC

I have always wanted to move to Australia and qualified as a nurse because I thought it would help. Also, I am not married and do not have any children and there is not a lot of information out there its just for families.

Any information or advice wouldbbe gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Nicola

Dear All....

My name is Nicola

I qualified as a Nurse in 2012 from the University of Surrey with a Diploma in Nursing in Higher Education. I have experience working with the elderly and patients suffering from Dementia. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice on how to proceed.

Is it beneficial to do things in the following order:

1) Apply for the Visa

2) Sit the IELTS Exam

3)Apply for Registration with ANMAC

I have always wanted to move to Australia and qualified as a nurse because I thought it would help. Also, I am not married and do not have any children and there is not a lot of information out there its just for families.

Any information or advice wouldbbe gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Nicola

Hi!

Unfortunately, the first thing you'll need to do is top up to a degree. Australia doesn't take nurses without their degree any more.

Wishing you all the best with it.x

Also if you do top up to a degree you need to do IELTS first, then apply for a skills assessment with ANMAC (ANMAC requires you to have 7's or above in each section and I think they're allowing this over 2 sittings now) and then apply for EOI/visa. Your registration is with AHPRA (NMC equivalent) not ANMAC. Good luck!

Archived