Lancashire to Perth in september

Guest J.and.K

Guest J.and.K

Hi everyone,

Well we're moving to Perth in the first week of September.

Nervous but excited!

Anyone else got similar plans?

Guest David1805

Hi,

We are going to visit Perth in October as a reccie. I have a job offer which will start March '09. hence the reccie in October. Where in Perth are you going to live?

David, Beverley and Bethany

Guest J.and.K

Hi there,

I have a job offer in Balcatta but we're not sure where we're gonna live yet.

We do like the look of the northern beach areas.

At the moment we're in the process of getting a short term rental, we've looked at a few from Wanneroo to Quinns Rocks even Mandurah! Big place!

Any suggestions on areas? anyone?:unsure:

Guest David1805

Hi

My job offer is in Subiaco at the King Edward Memorial Hospital. We are not sure where to live yet as in North or South of the river. I would like a house with a pool so am happy to live in a land a bit. We will try and rent for the first 6 months t just to get an idea of the areas. I think public transport is quite good. Hope it all goes well for you.

David

Guest thedooners

Hi everybody

this is my 1st post

I'm hoping to arrive in Perth at the end of September if I can sell my house and I'm going stay nor in ashby .Well thats the plan just got to get rid off the house that my only problem. Oh that and I don't have a job to go to .I'm a spark

the dooners

Guest Pingu
Hi there,

I have a job offer in Balcatta but we're not sure where we're gonna live yet.

We do like the look of the northern beach areas.

At the moment we're in the process of getting a short term rental, we've looked at a few from Wanneroo to Quinns Rocks even Mandurah! Big place!

Any suggestions on areas? anyone?:unsure:

We live in Mandurah and love it. Been here 3 months now. However, if your job is in Balcatta, then Mandurah is probably not the place to be, unless you don't mind travelling lots. You're probably looking at at least an hour plus each way.:no:

Guest J.and.K
As a lancashire lass who moved to Perth last year ... I hope you love it as much as we do.

Ali

Thanks Ali, I'm sure we will.

Guest J.and.K
Hi

My job offer is in Subiaco at the King Edward Memorial Hospital. We are not sure where to live yet as in North or South of the river. I would like a house with a pool so am happy to live in a land a bit. We will try and rent for the first 6 months t just to get an idea of the areas. I think public transport is quite good. Hope it all goes well for you.

David

Hi David,

We had to take a part exchange house against ours, which we're gonna rent out.

So we're probably gonna rent a house for the first year or so. We're not in a hurry to buy, but it is nice to own your own house.. Good luck to you all.

Guest J.and.K
We live in Mandurah and love it. Been here 3 months now. However, if your job is in Balcatta, then Mandurah is probably not the place to be, unless you don't mind travelling lots. You're probably looking at at least an hour plus each way.:no:

Well we'll have a good look around and if we like the area then we'll change jobs!!!!

Guest J.and.K
Hi everybody

this is my 1st post

I'm hoping to arrive in Perth at the end of September if I can sell my house and I'm going stay nor in ashby .Well thats the plan just got to get rid off the house that my only problem. Oh that and I don't have a job to go to .I'm a spark

the dooners

Good luck with selling your house... Some seem to sell easy but we had a hard time.

We took a part ex, which means we go with less money.... but we still get to go!:smile:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi, we visited Perth for a month in january 2006. it is simply a fantastic place, modern, spacious and breathtakingly beautiful, the views from Kings park over looking the Swan river will live with me forever. it is hard to comprehend what life is like out there compared to the UK. I feel even the areas less affluent are probably as good to live in as anywhere in the UK. Perth isn't like Sydney, once out of the city it is like huge areas of housing estates and small communities. We stayed near Rockingham which to me was perfect, but a city by status, leave it out, it was tiny. it is nothing like the UK. Helen.

Yep, we are heading down under too, August 7th, very nervous, but looking forward to the slower life style as currently living in the USA. We are from London and Essex.

We have 2 boys, so schools and area a big thing for us, its very hard knowing if you are doing the right thing, but only way to find out is by going.

Never been there either and don't know anyone there, so its going to be tough at first. But this site really is a great place to start. Good luck, and if you can offer any advice to us, we would be very grateful Sharron Steve and Boys

Guest Verina An Dave
Hi everyone,

Well we're moving to Perth in the first week of September.

Nervous but excited!

Anyone else got similar plans?

Hi, we are leaving for Perth on the 1 October:yes: the first few days we will be with my sis an her family in Roleystone, then we will move into our house in Ellenbrook. We are all mixed up at mo as our 3 older kids not coming:cry:.So much to do so little time!!!

Guest J.and.K
Hi, we are leaving for Perth on the 1 October:yes: the first few days we will be with my sis an her family in Roleystone, then we will move into our house in Ellenbrook. We are all mixed up at mo as our 3 older kids not coming:cry:.So much to do so little time!!!

Yeh it's hectic!

We've just booked the flights, yet to complete on the house sale, move house, do up the new PX house and then just rent it out,pack our bags and say our good byes!

Easy huh!

Good luck J&K

Guest John & Lorna

Hi, we live in Skipton and as soon as our house sells we are moving to Oz we visited Melbourne in May and are not sure that is the place for us. We are considering Perth or Brisbane. What made you choose Perth ? we are a bit undecided at the moment?

Good luck

Lorna

Guest J.and.K
Hi, we live in Skipton and as soon as our house sells we are moving to Oz we visited Melbourne in May and are not sure that is the place for us. We are considering Perth or Brisbane. What made you choose Perth ? we are a bit undecided at the moment?

Hi there,

well i said Perth because it's nearer but my mate said "Nearer? Nearer to where?!".....

So i suppose it doesn't really matter where you go in australia, i mean if you prefer Brisbane then what difference does a few more hours make?

Reasons we chose Perth, 1. It is not as far!

2. &Mums going to visit every 6 months

3. Employment in perth is good for us

4. What a nice place

So for us it makes sense......................................Good luck deciding J&K

Hi J & K

We are also off to live the dream in Perth , we leave in November to start our new life. We hope to live in the Northern suburbs somewhere between Mullaloo and Mindarie.

Having been there several times before we are really looking foward to the better lifestyle. Whilst we are very anxious about making such a huge step and our emotions are all over the place - hopefully this time next year we will be beginning to settle in and all this dreadful feeling will be behind us.

If you want to catch up further, please do not hestiate to PM us.

Good luck with your move

Karen, Mick and Lewis xx

Guest J.and.K

Hi there,

Yeh it's a real emotional rollercoaster, but we're sure it's the right thing to do.

We'll be in touch in the future and good luck to you.

Jason&Kate, Robyn,Thomas,Caitlin&Lil Chloe!

Guest Verina An Dave
Yeh it's hectic!

We've just booked the flights, yet to complete on the house sale, move house, do up the new PX house and then just rent it out,pack our bags and say our good byes!

Easy huh!

Good luck J&K

If only it was easy a. Pleased we are not selling our house as lot of people are having problems, our daughter is keeping it for the mo, so we can see how things go. we have been living in the house for over 20 years my poor husband has been up the rubbish dump so many times we have lost count!! Why do we keep so much crap?:goofy: Well the goodbyes are not so far away!:cry: Good luck and hope you have a smooth move verina an dave

Guest J.and.K
If only it was easy a. Pleased we are not selling our house as lot of people are having problems, our daughter is keeping it for the mo, so we can see how things go. we have been living in the house for over 20 years my poor husband has been up the rubbish dump so many times we have lost count!! Why do we keep so much crap?:goofy: Well the goodbyes are not so far away!:cry: Good luck and hope you have a smooth move verina an dave

Thanks Verina An Dave! Best of luck to you too!

Jason and Kate.

Archived