Contributory Parent Visa Question

Radlam

Hi all,

my parents are looking at spending 6 months between here in Australia with me and 6 months in the UK each year.

only my dad will need working rights when he's over here, mum doesn't need them.

can one parent apply for the contributory parent visa and the other just do 6 month tourist visas for each visit?

its a lot to pay out for 2 visas when only 1 will need the working rights here, my dad can be the one to purchase the property over here too.

is this possible, or do they have guidelines in place to prevent this?

thanks

Hi all,

my parents are looking at spending 6 months between here in Australia with me and 6 months in the UK each year.

only my dad will need working rights when he's over here, mum doesn't need them.

can one parent apply for the contributory parent visa and the other just do 6 month tourist visas for each visit?

its a lot to pay out for 2 visas when only 1 will need the working rights here, my dad can be the one to purchase the property over here too.

is this possible, or do they have guidelines in place to prevent this?

thanks

Perfectly valid pathway. Apply a 143 for your Dad or even a 173 if you wanna spread the costs. Your Mum can come over on visit visas.

Make sure that work is easily available in your Dad's line of work. Australia can be very ageist.

Archived