The visa wait

hope2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jean58
Hi Jean

We front loaded our meds in 12th May2008, (now cleared) not that long ago and police checks at end of May,. We have sold our house, sale completed 3rd April 2008 (money in bank) and are currently in rented. We intend to go to Aus on a tourist visa in September as house rental agreement needs renewing in Sept and also OH job contract ends at end August, so nothing to keep us here really. I know we will have to be offshore when visa is eventually ready but at least we will be with our son in Aus sooner. Flights booked for 15th Sept with 4 day stopover in Singapore and we have return tickets valid for return up to 1 year so will be able to come back to see other family and be off shore for visa if we need to. We can't wait

Rita

hi rita, thanks for that,it is very helpful.I can tell you that this is the second time i have done this , for my son last year on a skilled visa, it was hard work but out of the blue his visa came through at the stage you are at now so I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get your visa soon.!

jean

Yes we are a 175 paper Oct 07 & our visa was granted today !!!!!!!!!!

VERY BIG CONGRATS to the 7 of you :jiggy:

Happy travels xxx

Hope you don't mind if I let off some steam here. wooooosh------------!!!!

IGrhhhh.

Don't mind atall Rainbow! Welcome to the moaning thread!

Pleased though there's been a few results recently for us on here :jiggy:

Maybe you're next

xxx

Guest darren gosling

We have been wait what seems like a life time! Meds and PC Feb 08. Co April and now nothing just waiting waiting our lifes on hold cant plan anything cant do anything??

Every day the same people ask the same "F ing" question and I give the same "F ing" answer "NOPE STILL NO NEWS!!!!!" Please case officer stay off the beach for one day and do some bloody work !!!! Just do what ever you do stamp it and let us have it were going mental over here !!!!

And this ENGLISH summer dont help rain,rain,rain and wind and rain!

Its no wonder we get called wingeing poms thats cause you are keeping us waiting soooo long!!!

Cant take much more aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We have been wait what seems like a life time! Meds and PC Feb 08. Co April and now nothing just waiting waiting our lifes on hold cant plan anything cant do anything??

Every day the same people ask the same "F ing" question and I give the same "F ing" answer "NOPE STILL NO NEWS!!!!!" Please case officer stay off the beach for one day and do some bloody work !!!! Just do what ever you do stamp it and let us have it were going mental over here !!!!

Its no wonder we get called wingeing poms thats cause you are keeping us waiting soooo long!!!

hi know what ya mean with the questions arrrhhhhhhh! CO in april u must be going mad when did u apply? paper/online? a few more visas today online dec's paper oct & nov hope you & all who waiting here soon

Guest darren gosling

we first start all this in Feb 07 i think, tra and all that, its just driving us mad!!! We have done the paper thing not online . Im hoping that having a moan on here will help push it forward because the gods will see how upset we are LOL

Just want to start our new life or at least have a bit of a clue to when we will ?????

Darren mate - that is the BEST moan we have had on here! :cute:

There's something satisfying about reading a good old rant - Blooming well hope you feel better now cause I couldn't have said any of it better myself!

Big hugs (((((((( :spinny:))))))))))

Guest darren gosling

Now youve got me thinking? The wifes better at these things (being the boss and all that!!)

We started off in Feb 07 sorting out my STA i think we sent that off about April/May got that back about August/Sept Then done the visa and got that back in Feb 08 done the old Meds and PC got the case officer early April / late March and now NOTHING ?????

We now cantseem to sell the house so we are plaing on renting that out , Cant sort out our shipping cant sort out or flights cant sort out work CANT sort out ANYBLOOMINGTHING till we get that visa in our hands? I was under the impresion that as a skilled person I would be fastacked as its a skill thats needed GOD only knows what it would be like if I didnt have any skills??????

It just seems that every day I get up and think "TODAYS THE DAY !!!" and then the day passes by with no phone call/email/letter/ carrier pigeon ??? And I think to my self that Im going mad and its all in my head and Ive just made this whole moving to Oz thing up??? Im sure i saw a van load of men in white suits waiting out side my house this morning ???? They are coming to take me away haha!!

Please Mr/Mrs case officer just stamp it and send it or what every we need to know before I end up in the funny farm!!

My family were upset when we first told them we were going now they cant wait to see the back of us LOL

Guest moose

in the same boat here everybody,paperbased(bricklayer) 18th oct 07,meds&pc,jan 4th 08,aus value statment april 10th 08,was told by agent it was with decision maker jun 11th 08,e mailed agent today was told decision not made yet(consideration active) wat ever that means and if any more information needed we will let u know.ps i live in northern ireland so weather **** and the building work has gone the way of the dodo. insanity is setting in

Guest Sizeyuk

Hi Moose and Darren I thought it was only us ancient brits or OPG's (old pommy gits) who had to wait so long for visas. We just got ours after 18 months, thought we would be fast tracked as they are charging us a bloody fortune for CPV 143. Apparently you can go on line and find out where you are on the list, don't know how, but I saw it early last week on this forum. Give it a go. Good luck.

Guest Sizeyuk

Hi Darren. Just found the info re checking on line where you are on the list. If its e lodged you need your TRN number and the site is http://www.ecom.immi.gov.au...0?action=evisa.. If paper based you need your TRN number from your agent. Hope this helps. I found it a few pages back on this site, page 6 I think.
:notworthy:

Hi Sizey

I posted this link but I'm afraid it won't tell you where you are on the 'list' but it will give your status regarding the application ie document checklist and medical results and eventual visa entitlement.

Guest Sizeyuk

Sorry you couldn't get what you needed from the site, I didn't use it as I believe its only for skilled workers visas, and as I said we are retired thank God, no more rat race although the down side is old age.

Guest rainbow

i've just got mine today. CO says she is still assessing my dependants (hubby and DD). i'm catastrophizing that there are problems. sigh...

i can't stand this limbo. don't want to face another british winter.

pleez pleez pleez CO, just pass him quickly...this is one of the worst forms of torture! almost on par with a forceps delivery...almost on par with a toddler who still wakes through the night

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SEFFnSARAH

Yipeeeeee, At last we've got it.............our acknowledgement that is not the visa! I am sooooo relieved, its only taken 5 months. Apparently the agent was sent a reply at the beginning of march - a week after it was received but it never arrived. We were beginning to think it had got lost and we would have to start over again. We can start looking forward again instead of stressing over what has happened to the application.

All we have to do now is to sit back and wait for our CO. Mind you, we've already been waiting nearly 5 months without realising it. I know it is impossible to say, but what sort of wait have you guys been experiencing between acknowledgment and CO being allocated? Hopefully it will happen this side of Xmas!

I feel so much better for putting that down in writing. Have to admit I am an emotional wreck at the moment - hate to think what will happen when we get the phone call to say the visa has been granted - floodgates will open for sure!!!!

Sarah:smile:

Guest pottsy

:arghh:Thank you!!! I will take this opportunity for a quick rant while my patient husband cannot hear me!!

My husband accepted a job in Perth christmas eve on a 457 visa.It was finally submitted 6 weeks ago,we were told there was a 4 week backlog.Medicals were chased 2 weeks ago.I cannot believe our process started nearly a year ago already!!!

I just want to know!!! my daughter starts school september and we still have an unsold house so still plenty to do!!

Anyone else out there having a long wait on a 457?:goofy:

Guest Alex & Kris

We still waiting to & its TORTURE, tra passed in may 07 & main application sent aug 07 meds,pc 7co all done between april & may o8 so have been waiting for what feels like forever!!

Would have thought the aug 07 backlog done by now but like darren said they must all been on the beach!!

Can't take no more fed up with limbo land:arghh:

Kris x - fed up with WAITING:arghh:

i've just got mine today.

almost on par with a toddler who still wakes through the night

Well done on the visa.. but I know you'll not be feeling ecstatic till the rest get theirs - so here's hoping for a speedy decision.

Oh and about the toddler - I'm in the same boat - 18 months on and still not sleeping through - torture isn't it!

Yipeeeeee, At last we've got it.............our acknowledgement that is not the visa! I am sooooo relieved,

Sarah

Thank god for that! Well Sarah - some December and January applicants are now receiving their 175/176 visas so we're getting closer....

:arghh:Thank you!!! I will take this opportunity for a quick rant while my patient husband cannot hear me!!

Anyone else out there having a long wait on a 457?

Not so sure on the 457s but I had heard they were being granted pretty quickly? I'll have a nosey areound and see what I can find for you! lol!

We still waiting to & its TORTURE, tra passed in may 07 & main application sent aug 07 meds,pc 7co all done between april & may o8 so have been waiting for what feels like forever!!

Would have thought the aug 07 backlog done by now but like darren said they must all been on the beach!!

Can't take no more fed up with limbo land

Kris x - fed up with WAITING:arghh:

Now that is worth a moan! August??????? I thought they had cleared most of the low risk Augustees by now. Have you got an migration agent? Do you at least know if you've got a CO yet?

Good luck all of you xxx

My husband accepted a job in Perth christmas eve on a 457 visa.It was finally submitted 6 weeks ago,we were told there was a 4 week backlog.Medicals were chased 2 weeks ago.I cannot believe our process started nearly a year ago already!!!

I just want to know!!! my daughter starts school september and we still have an unsold house so still plenty to do!!

Anyone else out there having a long wait on a 457?

OK Pottsy - here's the low down. The 457s are currently being processed between 1 - 3 months..... so at the very least you're half way there :wubclub:

:skeptical: hi ya, do they exist then ?? co 's i mean, were paper 176 oct 26th and not a peep! now we booked meds last month and thinking oops we should have waited but surely it can't be that far off, needles to say i have now got to go in to have an op that they know about and im wondering will that slow em down will they make us wait longer arghh..... 13months since we started and 9 since visa app , groan moan moan , you cannot plan anything were trying to sell the house no joy and so were going to let, well if we EVER get to oz with hubs wanted skill... im going to put my feet up for a while!!! is this why were whinging poms ? do we just take a while to get over the process at the other end< lol:no:sorry for moaning!

Hi Sharon

The paper-based situation is very bleak and depressing I'm afraid.... so you have every right to moan.... and yes, this is the biggest reason we become winging poms... by the time we actually get the visa it's too late....... instilled in our blood :arghh: moaning, winging poms for eternity.

Guest Alex & Kris
Well done on the visa.. but I know you'll not be feeling ecstatic till the rest get theirs - so here's hoping for a speedy decision.

Oh and about the toddler - I'm in the same boat - 18 months on and still not sleeping through - torture isn't it!

Thank god for that! Well Sarah - some December and January applicants are now receiving their 175/176 visas so we're getting closer....

Not so sure on the 457s but I had heard they were being granted pretty quickly? I'll have a nosey areound and see what I can find for you! lol!

Now that is worth a moan! August??????? I thought they had cleared most of the low risk Augustees by now. Have you got an migration agent? Do you at least know if you've got a CO yet?

Good luck all of you xxx

Hi yes we have used global visa as our agents & got a co april/may time (didn't twig it was her requesting 4 our meds etc) only found that out as was nagging my agents!

last email from agent said she has heard from the diac saying application with co for further assessment? whatever that means:wacko:

So lets hope this wk brings good news or kids not gonna survive summer hols with me being so stressed etc:arghh:

KRIS X

Archived