The visa wait

hope2

aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that feels better

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jean58

hi ancientbrits, you should get a co before me ,please let me know when you get it! It will give hope to me and many others. good luck! jean58

Hi all

SeffnSarah - do you at least know if it was paperbased or e-lodged. If it was e-lodged you definately should have a TRN number - which you should ask for from your agent. Your agent says 6-9 months - which is what my agent says is the approx time for visa from application.

For e-lodged you can check the application status by going on

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

but you need that TRN no. from your agent.

Once you've got that you can check the application any time and see how things are going.

.....If it is a paper-based application you can't check.

Phone/e-mail the agent and ask directly for your TRN number - they'll know exactly what is is and should pass it to you, then you can check and feel abit more informed!

Hope this helps :wubclub:

Welcome jean58, Taniacolin, sjs, ancientbrits and anyother newcomers I've missed!

Visas seem to be flowing better now that July 1st has passed - but what's going on with these CPV's?

SizeyUK haven't you heard anything yet :err: What's the agents got to say about it? If they can find you lol! Hope it's not too wet in the caravan at the moment.

Good luck with the house Tania. I'm a 176 aswell - there doesn't seem to be that many 176ers out there, at the moment. We're about a month ahead of you so hopefully I can give some news in a couple of months to cheer you up!

Guest Sizeyuk

Spoke to the agent this morning, 1 visa approval received last week, another 19 expected, hopefully ours will be the first of the 19. Yes its rotten in the caravan with the rain, I can't hear myself think its bouncing down so hard on the roof. Still its the last SUMMER ! I will spend in the UK, so I can cope with it. I can get as mad as hell when I think how long its taking and how much its cost, 6 to 9 months was the original time, then 12 to 15, now its been 18 months.:arghh::arghh:

Good luck with the house Tania. I'm a 176 aswell - there doesn't seem to be that many 176ers out there, at the moment. We're about a month ahead of you so hopefully I can give some news in a couple of months to cheer you up!

Yes please let me know as soon as you hear anything, at least it will give us some hope.

Thanks Tania X:spinny:

Guest Des and Kay

well,well,well,we are now packing,visas approved and sent passports for evidencing,oz here we come

well,well,well,we are now packing,visas approved and sent passports for evidencing,oz here we come

Fantastic!! :jiggy:No need for you to have a moan ....... you must be thrilled!

When did you apply - where you heading and have you booked your flights!!

I'm chuffed to bits for you guys :wubclub:

CONGRATULATIONS

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hope2,

I am pretty sure that the application is paperbased so that about sums everything up. Agent is absolute **** so applying on line would be a little sensible for them! I tried to email Adelaide to ask if at least it had been received. First reply I had didn't answer anything (typical) and second one they told me in no uncertain terms that I had already answered that question and that they could only hold 1 email address on file. Either go through the agent or get rid of them and fill out some form or other to inform them. I HAVE BEEN TOLD. Can only assume they have something to know that they have agent email on file (although I think it did have on 'form' I filled out we were going through agent.) We were warned that Adelaide were bolshy - mum's going through Perth for CPV and they couldn't be more helpful. Still as ex travel agent before I had the kids I should be used to how embassies work (but it wasn't for me or as important as this in times gone by!!!!!)

Sarah

Guest Des and Kay
Fantastic!! :jiggy:No need for you to have a moan ....... you must be thrilled!

When did you apply - where you heading and have you booked your flights!!

I'm chuffed to bits for you guys :wubclub:

CONGRATULATIONS

Thrilled indeed, applied may 23rd approved june 24.going to Artamon sydney.Any suggestions on flights?

Thanks

Guest MMPD

Hi

Don't want to rant too much or i just won't stop, so will be short and sweet for your benefit.:yes:

We've been waaaaaiiiiiittttiiinnng for almost a year now and feeling calmly upset (if that makes sense) just trying to be as patient as poss but struggling. Hope we don't need to wait too long, especially with our move out date looming.

Anyway all the best to you guys.

Maria

Guest suegooderson

Hi there

Dont know if this will help anyone with the "How long with the CPV take" but

22 June 2007 - Lodged CPV application

29 May 2008 - Assigned Case Officer

Nearly a year gone, still waiting for news

5 June 2008 - Meds done, Police checks applied for

12 June 2008 - Police checks received

26 June 2008 - Assurer's interview with Centrelink done

3 July 2008 - $14,000 returnable bond lodged

4 July 2008 - bond left our account

8 July 2008 - still waiting for news re. grant of Visa, monies to be paid etc ......

Anyone have any idea how much longer - we are now in 13 months, hopefully we will be granted our CPV very soon?

Feel free to use this thread to let off a bit of steam whilst waiting for your visa! Sometimes it feels good to have a rant....

So here goes.......

I am so bored of waiting. Frustrated that e-lodged post Sept 07 are only up to November, am getting annoyed at the slow process of it all. Moan moan moan!

Thanks for that - feel slightly better now :jiggy:

Guest lee winspear

we started the whole process feb o7, c.o May 08, waiting for the decision maker to make his mind up apparently, keep phoning Aus House , aaaaaaaargh. And weve sold our house ready to go everythings in storage (living with my mum bless her) though it would only be for 3months but is now 7, poor woman , four of us and the dog are getting a bit peeved to say the least. ok should go back to bed now, its nearly 2.30, but ill just check my e.mail. night night.x

Guest jean58

hi ancientbrits, I see you have 'front loaded' your meds and police checks. i thought you had to wait til the co asked for them. We are not using an agent, did agent tell you that this was ok? please let me know as we will do the same. only thing is that you will have to activate your visa within a year of the date meds and police check were submitted.

Hope2,

I am pretty sure that the application is paperbased so that about sums everything up. Agent is absolute **** so applying on line would be a little sensible for them! I tried to email Adelaide to ask if at least it had been received. First reply I had didn't answer anything (typical) and second one they told me in no uncertain terms that I had already answered that question and that they could only hold 1 email address on file. Either go through the agent or get rid of them and fill out some form or other to inform them. I HAVE BEEN TOLD. Can only assume they have something to know that they have agent email on file (although I think it did have on 'form' I filled out we were going through agent.) We were warned that Adelaide were bolshy - mum's going through Perth for CPV and they couldn't be more helpful. Still as ex travel agent before I had the kids I should be used to how embassies work (but it wasn't for me or as important as this in times gone by!!!!!)

Sarah

That is very very VERY frustrating.... Blimey, I'd be right narked by now. Have heard they can be funny about giving out info if you have an agent, but occassionally you can get a nice one and they can be helpful, but it sounds like they've really put you down in your place :no: Bolshy can describe that response.

I am amazed that agents still uses paper-based applications as I would have thought it's in everyone's interests to e-lodge. I hardly know anything about the process as our agent did it all and so far has been very good, thankfully. Is your agent MARA registered?

I hope you hear some positive news soon and I will happily read any rants and moans you need to have along the way - try and keep :cool: xxx

Hi Lee,

For you guys :wubclub: lol! It's been a long wait, I am sure you will hear anyday looking at the timelines....

COME ON DM... make the decision for these guys.

I'll shout it out the window everyday till you get your visas.

we started the whole process feb o7, c.o May 08, waiting for the decision maker to make his mind up apparently, keep phoning Aus House , aaaaaaaargh. And weve sold our house ready to go everythings in storage (living with my mum bless her) though it would only be for 3months but is now 7, poor woman , four of us and the dog are getting a bit peeved to say the least. ok should go back to bed now, its nearly 2.30, but ill just check my e.mail. night night.x

Hi Maria

Calmly upset sounds so sweet. You must be a patient woman!

You can rant as much as you want and let it out girl :cute:

I'll be shouting out the window for you too, really can't be too long now...

Hi

Don't want to rant too much or i just won't stop, so will be short and sweet for your benefit.

We've been waaaaaiiiiiittttiiinnng for almost a year now and feeling calmly upset (if that makes sense) just trying to be as patient as poss but struggling. Hope we don't need to wait too long, especially with our move out date looming.

Anyway all the best to you guys.

Maria

Guest Sizeyuk

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, got visas approved, passports now off to London for stamps. Also got phone call from my agent, so forget my moan of 2 days ago. We hope to be there within the next 2/3 months. Just got to sell the caravan and car. Its been exactly 18 months and 2 days since our application was received in Oz.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, got visas approved, passports now off to London for stamps. Also got phone call from my agent, so forget my moan of 2 days ago. We hope to be there within the next 2/3 months. Just got to sell the caravan and car. Its been exactly 18 months and 2 days since our application was received in Oz.

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS :jiggy:

Am I pleased for you! Quick, quick sell that caravan and car and get out there!!! What fantastic news... you can finally be with your family :wubclub:

I'll expect you're looking at flights as I type.

Wishing you the warmest wishes and happy travels

xxx

Guest rainbow

Hope you don't mind if I let off some steam here. wooooosh------------!!!!

I feel like I'm living in a limbo. My meds will expire by Nov 08, and we were told the average waiting time is currently 6-8 weeks. I've just emailed our CO to check that she has all the documents she needs, and dunno if she will be kind enough to respond. With a 3 month notice period in my job, it's pushing it really close to when my meds will expire.

Plus, workwise, I'm leaving a permanent contract in the UK with a manageable workload and nice colleagues for only a one year contract in Perth. I'm 37, the sole breadwinner and have a 2 year old. OH is a stay-at-home dad. And hubby and I want to try for another baby, but had postponed that cos of this upcoming relocation. If we'd known it would have been this long, we could probably have had our baby in the UK before the move.

Family, friends and colleagues in the know (referees) used to keep asking us when we are leaving. Friends and colleagues have mostly stopped asking now - as nothing seems to be happening LOL.

Grhhhh.

Hi Jean

We front loaded our meds in 12th May2008, (now cleared) not that long ago and police checks at end of May,. We have sold our house, sale completed 3rd April 2008 (money in bank) and are currently in rented. We intend to go to Aus on a tourist visa in September as house rental agreement needs renewing in Sept and also OH job contract ends at end August, so nothing to keep us here really. I know we will have to be offshore when visa is eventually ready but at least we will be with our son in Aus sooner. Flights booked for 15th Sept and we have return tickets valid for return up to 1 year so will be able to come back to see other family and be off shore for visa if we need to. We can't wait

Rita

Hi Jean

We front loaded our meds in 12th May2008, (now cleared) not that long ago and police checks at end of May,. We have sold our house, sale completed 3rd April 2008 (money in bank) and are currently in rented. We intend to go to Aus on a tourist visa in September as house rental agreement needs renewing in Sept and also OH job contract ends at end August, so nothing to keep us here really. I know we will have to be offshore when visa is eventually ready but at least we will be with our son in Aus sooner. Flights booked for 15th Sept with 4 day stopover in Singapore and we have return tickets valid for return up to 1 year so will be able to come back to see other family and be off shore for visa if we need to. We can't wait

Rita

What fantastic news. Congratulations and wishing you a very happy future in Aus with your family

Rita

Guest Sizeyuk

Hello Ancients Brits, we considered going before we got the the visas, but health worries kept us here just in case we didn't get them, we are desperate to be there now and will go a.s.a.p. Goodluck with your visas, You should hear sooner than us as our meds and police ckecks were done in November 07, and by the time they were ok'd they had run out of visas for that year. Which part of Oz are you going to.

Archived