I have seen a business in Oz, but...

Richard01

I have seen a business I REALLY want to purchase and run in WA

Its a master franchise, existing business with a small number of franchisees under its belt

Can I simply buy the master franchise and go and work in it? (I am currently in the UK)

My skills aren't related to the type of business unless being an MD of my own UK current business would count for anything

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated, I am VERY time restricted!

Thanks in advance

Not quite sure what you're asking. From memory, you have a regional visa and you're not 100% happy with that restriction. If you're asking whether buying a business would let you qualify for another kind of visa, then the answer is yes but....you need to meet some tough financial requirements and you would be starting from scratch with your visa application all over again, which would take a considerable amount of time.

I'd say you'd be much better off to use your existing visa and live in a regional area. Would you be able to run that business from a regional area in WA?

If you're asking whether you can buy the franchise while still in the UK - there are restrictions on foreign nationals buying an Australian business but it's certainly achievable, you just have to apply for permission. The trick might be to visit Australia to activate your visa, that might mean you're no longer regarded as a "foreign national" - but I'm only guessing.

http://www.bsale.com.au/blog/foreigner-buying-business-in-australia

Edited by Marisawright

There are business visas you can get if you buy a visa. However, it isn't as simple as just buying a business. You need to have a proven record of running a company with a pretty high turn over for so many years before hand. I don't remember the details, but you are best off having a chat to a registered migration agent as I don't think it's that simple a visa to apply for.

Not quite sure what you're asking. From memory, you have a regional visa and you're not 100% happy with that restriction. If you're asking whether buying a business would let you qualify for another kind of visa, then the answer is yes but....you need to meet some tough financial requirements and you would be starting from scratch with your visa application all over again, which would take a considerable amount of time.

I'd say you'd be much better off to use your existing visa and live in a regional area. Would you be able to run that business from a regional area in WA?

If you're asking whether you can buy the franchise while still in the UK - there are restrictions on foreign nationals buying an Australian business but it's certainly achievable, you just have to apply for permission. The trick might be to visit Australia to activate your visa, that might mean you're no longer regarded as a "foreign national" - but I'm only guessing.

http://www.bsale.com.au/blog/foreigner-buying-business-in-australia

Hi

We didnt pursue the NT application further

Also, regional visa wouldnt be ideal as the business is based in Perth and the franchises are dotted around there too

There are business visas you can get if you buy a visa. However, it isn't as simple as just buying a business. You need to have a proven record of running a company with a pretty high turn over for so many years before hand. I don't remember the details, but you are best off having a chat to a registered migration agent as I don't think it's that simple a visa to apply for.

Thank you, I did own a company until recently with a t/o north of £1M, I'll put a call in to an agent as you suggest