189 visa anyone log request on their own without migration agency?

I did it on my own. Cost me the ACS assessment fee, police certificate charge, medicals, application fee, and a few quid for certification of documents. All in, about £3,000 or so.

I had a straightforward case, many do not. Personally, I do not think an agent could have added value to my application; however, many people find that they do. They charge appropriately for the services they provide. Just make sure that you use a MARA registered agent, should you use one at all.

Hi

How difficult and costly is this to do alone vs using a migration agent?

Thanks

Emma

Loads of people do it alone. It is not costly to do it alone so I don't understand that part of your question. I did it alone and was great decision.

Hi

How difficult and costly is this to do alone vs using a migration agent?

Thanks

Emma

This is a question that has been asked numerous times on the forum. Do a search and you will find many raging debates that should keep you entertained for a while.

The reality is that it will depend on your specific situation.

Loads of people do it alone. It is not costly to do it alone so I don't understand that part of your question. I did it alone and was great decision.
Same here, an agent wouldn't have added any value to our application.

If your circumstances are straightforward I recommend doing it alone.

Well, brief list:

- Are you sure your profession is on the SOL?

- Are you comfortable with how to go about getting your skills assessment done?

- Do you have any medical conditions?

- Do you have any previous criminal history?

If the answers are "Yes", "Yes", "No", "No", then you might have a straightfoward case. Just caveated because I'm sure I've missed some potential issues out.

Thanks everyone. I know there are agents that offer no fee for no visa. Silly question but how do you know if your case is straight forward? When I said costly for doing it myself v an agent I had no ideas of costs either way.

I have never heard of an agent offering no visa no fee terms.

The word of caution I give is that we do see people refused - and loss of fee - none ever expected to be refused because generally people don't know there case has an issue until it is pointed out to them by getting a refusal
I would have thought you'd usually know if there was a potential difficulty to your case though that would result in refusal - e.g. criminal history, medical condition, giving false information, over claiming points etc

If that's not the case it comes down to taking your time, checking everything and following instructions carefully.

Archived