February 2016 - 189 Visa Applicants

thelostcrab

Hi Everyone,I have just joined this forum now as I wanted to know more on the timelines of the visa. Great to see so many people getting quick visas. Sad to know that there has been a delay for some of us. I just wanted to share my timeline. I feel very frustrated at the moment since it has been 9 weeks now ever since the agent has submitted the application and we have heard nothing from the CO after that.IELTS 24/10/15. EOI-65 points as an EHO sub 25/10/15. EOI Invite- 23/11/15 (189)CO allocation 12/2/16.Request from CO for more info,Form 80,Meds &Police Check - 12/2/16Police check and medical submission 20/2/16.Visa Application - 29/2/16Grant- AwaitedI am starting this thread as I could not find any related to Feb applications.ThanksCrab

Hiya. I applied in Feb too. :-) I'm currently on a bridging visa as I already live and work in Sydney as an emergency Reg nurse. I've never been so stressed as I was on a 457 and left it until the very last moment. Hope it doesn't take too much longer for us. My time line is below. They asked for my PTE exam results to be sent direct from PTE which was done on the 19th April. That is the last communication from the visa peeps I have had. Good luck!

Emma X

Good Luck Emma!

I have heard recently that immi have a very heavy backlog and that might take some time to sort out. My agent told me since lots of people are applying, there is a high chance that they might change the visa policies and put ceilings on some categories from this year.

Keeping fingers crossed!

Crab

My visa was granted today. So happy. :-) Yipeeeee. I'm currently on nightshifts......I just woke and checked my emails and there it was. Now I'm too excited to sleep ha. Stress over!!!! Good luck to everyone else! Xxx

Thank you. It's such a relief. I've asked to cut my hours down in work already (wasn't able to do that on my old 457)...... And I'm applying to study a masters at uni (couldn't do that on a 457 either). I am so happy.

You should hear any day too. Good luck :-)

Don't worry, I submitted my police checks, medical everything on 29th Feb, 2016 and still waiting to get any response... You have someone to look at you while you are waiting :) .. but yeah this is very frustrating now.. don't even know what's going on. My agent told me that people who submitted in Jan are also waiting and some of them who submitted in March got it. So basically, its a matter of luck and patience.

Crab

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,..

I am also on the blind wait....applied my visa on 22/2/16 with all necessary .

documents uploaded with it. So far i havent heard a news about it. And whnever i log on to the immigration account my status is shown as "application received" Does that mean that applications are not yet looked at? Does anyone have a clue......

Every now and then am checking my mail for that magic mail......drives me insane....

help...help

they could be on the last pages of your application, or they might not have even started looking at it. Lets hope they're on the last pages... getting ready to press that button and update you. I'm January 2nd if that makes you feel any better

Archived